PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

Ihatesnow
11-04-13, 04:20
Hi all I'm English living in montreal for 6 years. Struck down with vertigo 4 years ago which then continued on a monthly basis. Got so bad that I literally couldn't leave the house for months. Although things have improved I am left with anxiety and some panic although largely have the panic under control. Weird thing is that mine hits every month - according to tests and what I have read seems to be down to a lack of progesterone. This also causes my blood pressure to spike -!who knows what order it's doing it all in I.e. anxiety causing bp spike or the other way round. Like a lot of you I am fed up with doctors and am having a last ditch effort with progesterone supplements, cbt and hypnosis. My doctor wants me on prozac but feels a bit like a sledgehammer to smash an egg! If all else fails guess that's what I'll do! Feel like my life is being destroyed by this thing and just wish it were a normal illness that people could understand and see.

BobbyDog
11-04-13, 08:47
A very big warm :welcome: to you.

hanj16
11-04-13, 11:26
Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find that it provides you with lots of support. :)

Hannah

Bekzie
11-04-13, 11:40
Hi and :welcome: to nmp

Ihatesnow
11-04-13, 12:36
Thanks to you all. This really seems like a site full of people with lots of experience and information which is great. Looking forward to 'meeting' people

Ihatesnow
11-04-13, 18:12
Just needed to post as after hypnotherapy yesterday was on a real high! Today just crippled with anxiety and low-level panic. Really think I need to start the prozac but am on my own all day and worried sick about side-effects, and after reading online, whether this will even help with the anxiety. It seems there are 100 bad reviews for every good one. I know there's no right answer but I'm scared to do nothing and scared to try something that might help me. All of this stressing is just sending my blood pressure through the roof!
Anyway thanks for 'listening'