PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted

malc38
21-06-04, 14:47
Hi there,
Wasnt sure wich forum to post this in so i thought id give this one a try:D. Basicaly im supposed to go to a concert by Belinda Carlisle tonight[8D] thing is i feel so low after all the anxiety and panic came back with a vengence over the last 7 days im unsure to go tonight or not. Will i regret it if i dont? or could i make myself feel a lot worse? anyones thoughts welcome

take care
malc

ruthd
21-06-04, 15:08
Hi there,
If its any help i think that if you have been looking forward to it you should try and go. But maybe have a strategy planned to cope if you feel anxious. If you get there and its horrible you could always leave, but if you dont go you will sit at home and wish that you were there. I used to always hate the idea of going out , but once i was persuaded to go , then i usually enjoyed it. The times i stayed at home i would feel worse for not trying.
Hope this helps and try to enjoy the concert.
ruth

malc38
21-06-04, 15:41
Hi Ruth
Thanks for the reply, i think i'll give it a go tonight:) you never know i may really enjoy myself and set myself up for another period of low anxiety:DI will report back tomorow.

take care
malc

N206
21-06-04, 15:54
hi
i know exactly how your feeling. but i always find once i go and do it,im usually totally fine,and so glad i made myself go.
And also youll be so proud of yourself that you went along,and didnt miss out.. that should give you a confidence boost that you proved to yourself that you went along and you can do it.
hope you have a good evening whichever choice you make,
n x

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

Meg
21-06-04, 15:56
Hi Malc,

Its probably anticipatory anxiety . Go to the concert. You might want to take some rescue remedy and water with you and sip all evening to help calm you.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

malc38
21-06-04, 22:54
Hi
Well i went to the gig and had a great time:D thanks for the encouragement from everyone.

take care
malc

Meg
21-06-04, 22:58
Hurrah - good for you for going in the end

Thanks for letting us know.

Meg

sarah
21-06-04, 23:42
Hi Malc

Nice one mate, how was it?, she sing all the oldies?

sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

kate
22-06-04, 07:05
Hiya Malc,

Well done on facing up to the fear!!

You did SO well!!

Kate x

malc38
22-06-04, 09:11
Good morning everyone,
She was really good last night and she still looks as good as she did in the 80's:D. Yes Sarah she did all the oldies as well:D the support act was China Crisis remember them?. All in all a great night.

cheers
malc

sarah
22-06-04, 16:36
Hiya Malc

Yep I remember...I feel old now...lol

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Rennie1989
22-06-04, 21:53
i have an idea if any1 else has a prob like dis:

go to the gig but if ur uncomfortable leave early. iv done that before

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears