PDA

View Full Version : I'm now on Antibiotics and Antivirals but I'm still getting worse...

PhoenixGrey
11-04-13, 09:04
Hi guys

So approximately 10 days ago I developed a little spot on my chin, it got bigger and turned into an enormous scab, a week later I've developed two more tiny spots on my forehead, then on my lip, I'm now counting (other than the original scab) 8 dotted around my face - some are blisters some are just sores.

First doctor (seen on monday) says he thinks it's impetigo, just take these antibiotics, stay clean etc....

Second doctor I see yesterday reckons its something to do with the cold sore virus, gives me antivirals tells me to take them as well as the antibiotics...

To be honest, it's just getting worse and more are appearing every day...

Because of the ones on my lips I can taste pus in my mouth all the time, I feel sick constantly (probs the anxiety there), my wisdom tooth is playing up (just because that's my luck) and it's just getting worse, I can't go and see another doctor again but the weekend is coming up and I've already spent all week alone in my house I can't do it all weekend too :( I'm so lonely and scared.

Ddcoo
11-04-13, 10:45
If it was me, I would make another appointment to see a doctor, especially as you are so worried. I would ask them if they could do a little swab test of the sores to be sent to a lab and that way they will be able to identify what infection it is an treat it appropriately. It is not nice having the taste in your mouth either and I do hope you will go and see the doctor again. Let us know how you get on.

PhoenixGrey
11-04-13, 10:55
Oh no hi Ddcoo - I was just reading your post history and I'm so sorry to see what you've been through, and I'm so grateful for you replying but at the same time this isn't helping my panic because I know of your experience... I'm giving it until Monday like the doctor said.

In the meantime I'm attempting to remain upbeat and positive that things are just taking a little longer and probably getting worse because I'm so stressed out... How are things with you?

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

I should mention I was actually reading your posts before you replied to this, which is kind of spooky :)