PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo update tongue cancer

Ddcoo
11-04-13, 10:03
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on site for the past couple of weeks, but I have been feeling pretty grotty and there wasn't much to tell. It is over 3 weeks now since my last radiotherapy and there was an increase in the discomfort which is only now starting to ease a little. I still have ulcers in my mouth and the roof of my mouth is still affected by the burning of the radiotherapy.

Unfortunately yesterday I started with vertigo, which I absolutely hate and am just waiting now for the doctor to telephone and await his instructions.l I have been taking tablets for vertigo all through my radiotherapy as I tend to get it when laid flat and was gradually cutting down the tablets when it has flared up again. Apart from that I am still extremely weak and tired but am getting a few easy jobs done, but I just have to take my time and sit down in between.

~Again I thank everyone for your continued loyal support and I hope that if anyone has to face a situation like mine, then you know you will be able to get through it like I have, because I am nothing special, just an ordinary woman who suffers with health anxiety like most of us on here.
I send you all my very best wishes and grateful thanks.

Annie0904
11-04-13, 10:16
Don't you dare do too much housework Di :D I know what it is like though, you like to be able to get on and do something...but not too much ok? Sending you hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tessar
11-04-13, 14:05
ddcooo - good to hear from yoooooooooou!!!!!!
What's all this "I am nothing special" huh? Huh?
You may be "just an ordinary woman who suffers with health anxiety like most of us on here" but you are very special because of the way that you have coped not only with HA but also that you have been ill and you've coped admirably with your illness too.
That takes guts, real guts. Never underestimate what you have achieved. It might not sink in right now as you're still dealing with so much but you're a brill & that's official.

cattia
11-04-13, 14:13
Hi ddcoo, so good to hear from you! Sorry to hear that you've been feeling run down but it is hardly surprising with all that your body has been through. I am sure your doctor will be able to treat it and hopefully you will get stronger day by day as your body recovers from the treatment. Xx

Col
11-04-13, 14:27
XXXXXXXXXXX so glad your slowly on the mend Di. Honestly your amazing XXXXXX

RosieXXX
11-04-13, 17:12
Hello Di,

It is good to hear you are beginning to feel more comfortable; i am sure you will be gathering a little more strength as each day passes, and it will be a real blessing once your mouth has recovered from the ulcers.

Take it easy - don't go over doing things - hopefully when the weather improves you can enjoy pottering around in the garden xx

PhoenixGrey
11-04-13, 18:04
Ddcoo I don't know you, and have only scanned through your posts over these last 1/2 years, but in my eyes you're a proper bloody champion. :) keep going super lady :)

Justinf
12-04-13, 06:23
Always glad to see your posts Di. Keep going!!!!!!!!!

ReissG
12-04-13, 09:37
Hi Di so happy you're still recovering well. Stay strong lady, lots of love xxx

Magic
12-04-13, 14:48
Lots of hugs for you ddcoo:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:.
what Annie says, she is right --not to much housework!!! xxxx

flossie
12-04-13, 15:01
Sending you lots of hugs and my very best wishes. :bighug1:

Wolfie
12-04-13, 15:06
Hey, thinking of you and sending you some healing energy

Chris x

Twinsmummy
16-04-13, 15:15
Your poor body has taken quite a battering with one treatment and another. I wish you the speediest of recoveries and hope you feel better really soon.
Cx

Nico
16-04-13, 18:43
Hope you get better soon!

almamatters
16-04-13, 18:54
:hugs::hugs::hugs:Thinking of you Di, you are such a strong, positive lady and have fought your battle with amazing spirit. xxxxx

Eek
17-04-13, 02:25
Thinking of you and sending you positive energy and lots of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Tessar
23-04-13, 21:50
:sign20: :scared10: :bighug1: :sign20: :bighug1: :scared10: :sign20:
ddcoo sending positive vibes to you ddcoo big warm, loving hugs to yooooooooo