PDA

View Full Version : Stomach flu fears

Ventussi
11-04-13, 12:06
Yesterday my mum visited my aunt who dealt with some kind of nasty thing, which was kind of similar to stomach flu. Diarrhea and a bit raised body temperature. She was there, when my aunt had recovered, but she had recovered 1-2 days before my mums visit. My mum admits she was perfectly fine and it was probably some kind of food poisoning, because my aunt had eaten a bit outdated ham. The diarrhea lasted for 3 days, no vomiting.

And of course now I think it could have been some kind of stomach flu and that my mother could have caught it, although she doesn't have any symptoms yet. Now I'm afraid that I'll be sick and all of us in the house as well.

It's 24h after my mum's visit at my aunt and she's still feeling fine but there's still 24-48h to go, I think. I can't get from my mind the thought about the stomach flu. Yesterday night... actually it was today, 3 AM, I woke up and I heard rumbling in my guts. That started me panicking, although I have IBS and I hear this rumbling every day - this time it made me feel like sh*t. I had cold chills, and... actually I started praying to God and Mary so that I wouldn't be sick. After a few long-lasting minutes it was a bit better, only some gas... But I couldn't sleep till morning. Now I'm feeling kind of tired, but that's probably because of my short sleep last night.

I'm really afraid of stomach flu. I'm not afraid of vomiting itself but I'm scared that I won't be able to make it to the toilet on time - that comes usually suddenly. And I can't stop thinking about it. It's still in my head, everytime, everywhere. After 2-3 days it'll be okay, but now I'm still thinking that my mum's contaminated :(