PDA

View Full Version : Joints aching, muscles twitching all over, eyes fuzzy - thoughts please!

ahrimoniac
11-04-13, 13:16
Good affternoon all!

Firstly, I'm new to these forums but wanted to say how invaluable I've found the support and information on this site - thanks for that.

I'll keep it succinct at the start for people who don't want to read an essay. I want to know if any other HA sufferers suffer from muscle spasms and twitches all over the body - literally all over, with no let-up. They're mainly focussed around my legs but I'm getting them in my bum, balls, face, chest, arms, feet and hands. Combined with a shake all over, like a tremor.

I'm also getting radiating pains in knuckles, arms and legs. If I grip something, they hurt. Yet this time last week I walked 9 miles up and down the hills of Arran, so rationally I know it's not muscle weakness.

I've seen a neurologist privately, had an MRI, he said nothing to be concerned about. I also saw a neurologist through the NHS, who again looked straight at me and ruled out MS, ALS, Parkinsons. I feel reasonably confident it isn't those. Bloods have ruled out anything scary from there.

My doctor has been great, calming me down. She has prescribed me Citalopram 10mg, which I am going to take if I don't sort myself out. I'm also undergoing CBT, just started, which I'm sure will help. She also prescribed me betablockers to calm the muscle twitching down and the shake.

I don't feel massively anxious and it isn't stopping me from working, but it's on my mind all the time and it is getting me down. Can anyone relate? Any advice welcome!

sparkle_1979
11-04-13, 14:11
I had this exactly last year. It turned out to me viral arthritis, that lasted mths. I think the twitches were due to anxiety mind you.

Also is you're lacking in some vitamins this can give you body aches and spasms x

ahrimoniac
11-04-13, 14:42
Oooh now I've never thought about arthritis, although my partner pointed it out. It's odd because the pain shifts - now both hands are hurting at the joints, but I've also got back pain, and leg pain!

Bugger this health anxiety lark! :) Thank you for coming back to me!

sparkle_1979
11-04-13, 16:22
That's how I was, one day my fingers, then legs, knees, you name it and it hurt. It lasted three mths, had me scared to death x

ahrimoniac
12-04-13, 11:11
I'm scared too, but keeping it in check - trying to, at least. My muscle twitching is really bad today, as is my shaking. Docs say it is anxiety though, so what more can I do...

sparkle_1979
12-04-13, 12:33
Because I was worried about the pains, this started my twitching, it was bad. Kept me awake. Are you taking anything? Anxiety tablets have helped me