PDA

View Full Version : Peeved off!

zippy
11-04-13, 14:53
I am waiting to see a neurologist after having a brain ct scan that showed shadows on. My gp said it shouldn't be long. It's 3 weeks tomorrow since I had my scan. I phoned my gp and she said my referral was sent to Penrith neurology on the 27th of march. I rang them this morning and they say they haven't got my details. She said it gets sent to the neurologist who has to decide if they want to see me or medication advice and they get black in touch with my gp.
I rang my gp reception again and she said she was on the phone to them on Monday because it usually doesn't take this long and they have definitely received it but she hasn't heard back from them yet.
It's just worrying waiting especially when you feel ill and something was found and not knowing what yet!

Munchlet
11-04-13, 15:15
Oh Zippy that's so frustrating.

I know it's not the same but a few weeks ago I was trying to get a biopsy result and I was just pushed round departments and told different things by different people, it's just so annoying.

As hard as it is I think you just have to try and look at it from the point of view that they can't be too concerned. If they were you would have been in by now and wouldn't still be waiting on an appt.

I know that doesn't help and when you are having symptoms it's even worse, but I think you just need to keep on at them, I'd actually be inclined to ring them back and say that you've spoken to your GP's office and tell them what they have said to you.

I think you sometimes just have to keep chasing to get a response, it's not right but they'll get fed up with your ringing and hopefully get their bums into gear!!! x

nomorepanic
11-04-13, 15:26
You have to remember as well that the NHS is stretched to the limits so they have to prioritise cases and get those seen that urgently need it and then the other cases afterwards.

I know it is worrying but stick with it and you will get there soon enough.

zippy
11-04-13, 16:11
My gp said its not a stroke or cancer but I am worried its ms with my symptoms. My left sided headaches and dizziness is back. My right arm and leg keep going tingly and cold. I just want to know once and for all what's up because I know something is.
There's only ms, lymes, migraine and infection that can cause these shadows/lesions but I have also read ms wouldn't be seen on a cat scan.

mrsnobody
11-04-13, 22:43
thre seems to be a problem with referals in cumbria. i was discharged from hospital in feb and told i would have a outpatirnt appt within weeks and iam still waiting. i was told they forget to complete the paper work for mt apptmemt, i wish you well with your appt

jayred
12-04-13, 14:15
MS doesnt show on a CT scan thats correct. Im also going to be completely honest that a diagnosis of MS can take a very very long time i also want to say that MS is not as bad as many have a fear over but in my opinion you dont have MS im not a doctor but what you describe and how you describe just does not sound like MS and i think many people would tell you that. I really think your looking more at migranes and maybe even something like a childhood feaver that has caused these on your scan and i dont think its anything to serious. I also have to say that what happens if you see a Neuro and they dont believe that you need a MRI etc or you have an MRI and its clear of any issues will you then be looking for something else or look for the next problem. I have seen you have M.E i think alot of your problems are that combined with your huge amounts of Anxiety causing all these issues for yourself and that is what needs to be dealt with. Id also say they wouldnt diagnose you with MS until your Anxiety is under control

zippy
12-04-13, 17:12
I have had 2 mri's in the past and a ct scan which have been ok so a childhood fever would have shown up in the previous ones.
I also asked my gp if migraines could cause these and he said no but I have read they can.