PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosed with Urticaria.... Anyone else ??

Carly Lou
11-04-13, 16:18
Hello everyone :D
Well after months of feeling run down stressed and being constantly poorly... ( im convinced it is anxiety causing it now ) I have been diagnosed with Urticaria... a skin condition that can be caused by allergies and i also was told stress and emotions... so hay presto.... My anxiety has caused this...
It was fine yesterday and has now flared up again today... its redness soreness and swelling which sadly for me is on my FACE grrrreat haha
Doctor has put me on Fexofenadine... a stronger anti histamine than the piriteze i was taking...
Im quite calm about it all really... that it is all due to stressing about health anxiety has actually made me break out in this... and im also cross that all my worrying was really for nothing...doc has put me in for blood tests and some swabs for my peace of mind... said enough is enough and i do need to get better.... i could have stopped this myself had i just trusted people who said it is all anxiety making myself poorly... because all this started after a very stressful anxious and hightened anxiety period in january... i had been doing so well before... anxiety was minimal and even was off meds
doc also said it could be a allergy that is causing it... but we arnt sure what

Does anyone else have this skin condition.. doc said it will come and go depending on thr circumstances and to not worry just take the anti histamines until its cleared.... i do feel a bit under the weather with it... puffy eyes and that horrid feeling of HAYFEVER , its similar to that

My skin was always perfect before... boo bloody hoo !!!

carls xxx
Was just curious if anyone else has experienced this....

clio51
11-04-13, 16:35
My sister was diagnosed this this year's ago.she started with allergy at 21 to dust and would always be sneezing constant in the morning and have to take dimotap med to stop the sneezing.

Think hers started because she was mugged with the pubs taking,but she herself didn't put it down to anxiety/stress but I thought it was at the time.
She thought all sorts was wrong with her,test after test allergy,bloods etc

She's much better now years later,but if she's stressed she gets wheels on her skin all over her body,and sometimes filled with water causing odema.

violet12
11-04-13, 17:03
Hi, I had this condition last year and for me it came on very suddenly and lasted for several weeks all told. It really was horrendous and made me feel very ill! The itching was what drove me mad. The rash/welts went after a couple of weeks.....I was prescribed the stronger anti histamine and steroids. Over the course of a weekend I went to emergency docs 3 times because I felt so ill. Once it started to subside, all my skin started to peel and I looked about 100 years old where my skin just shrivelled up! I hope I never have to go through that again. I do believe mine was a very severe case. I got very scared when my eyes started to swell & close up. They never did really get to the bottom of what had caused it although I had recently been taking antibiotics, so they said more than likely was that.

Carly Lou
11-04-13, 17:35
Hi, I had this condition last year and for me it came on very suddenly and lasted for several weeks all told. It really was horrendous and made me feel very ill! The itching was what drove me mad. The rash/welts went after a couple of weeks.....I was prescribed the stronger anti histamine and steroids. Over the course of a weekend I went to emergency docs 3 times because I felt so ill. Once it started to subside, all my skin started to peel and I looked about 100 years old where my skin just shrivelled up! I hope I never have to go through that again. I do believe mine was a very severe case. I got very scared when my eyes started to swell & close up. They never did really get to the bottom of what had caused it although I had recently been taking antibiotics, so they said more than likely was that.

Thank you for your reply... I had just been taking antibiotics and then 5 days after i had started taking my anti bios this started to happen... my eyes are a little swollen and also they are very dry and crusty in the morning... sounds horrid really ha.... It cleared yesterday and today it is back... im still sure me stressing about it is prob going to be making it worse... but i do feel very relieved that you also were on antibiotics... the antibiotics cleared what was up with me before and then i awoke one morning with a blotchy face like this.....

im drinking a hell of alot of water... read staying very hydrated can help. doc also said this could clear and never come again... so lets hope :)
mmm i feel poorly with it also.... like im coming down with something but very sure it is related the the urticaria...

Thank you ever so much for your reply xxx

Carly Lou
12-04-13, 15:50
Ok well.... Im going absoloutly out of my mind :(
my face isnt swollen and the blotchys have gone down... but now my right hand has gone all blotchy and red and hot.... i keep comparing it to my left hand which is normal and im having a massive panic... ive been taking the anti histamines for 3 days now.... i feel quite poo... like i have hayfever or something... ears are a bit uncomfy and a bit of a sore throat... i just dont know what to do at all.... im really worrying myself... is my anxiety causing my hand to do this... or the urticaria

someone help :(

Cx

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

I mean what if it is something undying thats bad and this is a warning sign of it these rashs on my skin and me feeling poop.... i cant handle it anymore... i was just getting better and now this :( i was feeling healthy and happy.... the doc assures me its nothing underlying but i really just dont know :(

clio51
12-04-13, 15:54
Hi carly

Prop mixture of both,

When used to see my sister she was some days on the ceiling with it, swollen face,hands swollen red, welts, eyes it so horrible to see anybody with it.

Try a ice pack wrapped in tea towel on your hand that's what she used to do, if you havnt got one of these frozen peas.

Really feel for you, if you don't settle call the bus direct see if they can suggest anything else.

Carly Lou
12-04-13, 16:00
Hi carly

Prop mixture of both,

When used to see my sister she was some days on the ceiling with it, swollen face,hands swollen red, welts, eyes it so horrible to see anybody with it.

Try a ice pack wrapped in tea towel on your hand that's what she used to do, if you havnt got one of these frozen peas.

Really feel for you, if you don't settle call the bus direct see if they can suggest anything else.

the thing is its not even really that bad... compared to picks of what some have had it like... but my anxiety is just going nuts with it.... ive never had rashes or anything in my life so this is a real setback esp because i have HA
I wonder if it is all brought on by stress.... me & my partner are going out tonight because he works away all week and im so upset, wanted to feel happy and jolly and was really looking forward to it and now i feel poorly and convinced i have a serious illness going on.... boo bloody hoo :(

Cx

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

I wonder if i just start taking my anxiety meds ive been prescribed it would just go because i would stop being anxious when they started working ????
Cx