PDA

View Full Version : constant sighing

busybee09
11-04-13, 18:24
my mum pointed out today that i do a lot of heavy sighing. ive now noticed myself do it and can't help but chuckle because i sigh at silly things like getting something out the oven or if im about to sitdown. its proper big loud sighs that come out anyone would think ive got the whole world on my shoulders lol.
Just another case of anxiety symptoms....

BobbyDog
11-04-13, 21:57
I think it is a similar symptom to excessive yawning or hyperventilating, bad habits that I have. The less you think or talk about it the better, it should then go away on it's own.

xBettyBoopx
12-04-13, 02:20
my mum pointed out today that i do a lot of heavy sighing. ive now noticed myself do it and can't help but chuckle because i sigh at silly things like getting something out the oven or if im about to sitdown. its proper big loud sighs that come out anyone would think ive got the whole world on my shoulders lol.
Just another case of anxiety symptoms....

I sigh a lot too, too much I think. I have googled :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:I know I shouldn't :ohmy::winks: they are not sure why we do it but they think it;s a way of resetting our breathing clock (or something like that) and I am sure it is to do with tension. My cat often does it after he has been washing himself:wacko: so it's not always to do with anxiety though.

Lilharry
12-04-13, 02:33
I do it when I'm very drained because it really does feel like the world is on my shoulders! A nurse who took my blood the other day commented on it. It often feels like it's such an effort to do daily things that a sigh just comes out! hehe.