PDA

View Full Version : In a panic over tummy/stitch pain

Sazziesaz
11-04-13, 18:57
Hi I am in a real state again, a couple of weeks ago I had a tummy bug and haven't been the same since, my stomach is constantly growling and now I am left with what feels like a stitch deep inside under my right ribs!! I am petrified, I went to doctors yesterday, I saw a doctor, not my usual one, she felt around and said she thinks it is all gasteral and to try two weeks of yakhult, If no better in two weeks to come back and she would see if it is my gall bladder!!!!! That sent me into panic mode!!! Now the pain inside my right ribs is worse! It's not a sharp pain, just feels like a bloated stitch, the pain goes into my back and shoulder!!! I am petrified she has missed something, my stomach is still making lots of noise!!! Has anyone had this, I am scared its something awful!,,,

katsen
12-04-13, 00:53
I had a tummy bug in 2007 and for weeks after was randomly ill and had bloating. My cousin-in-law asked if I may be lactose intolerant. So I asked my Dr and he said it didn't exist. Hmm I thought. I got a second opinion and she said to try an elimination diet. So I did and my symptoms cleared up. Granted not to the point that I was cured ( I still have IBS) but I am much better now. Maybe ask your Dr if it's something like that and whether to try an elimination diet. But please ask first before just trying it. Hope you feel better soon.

Annie0904
12-04-13, 09:38
Hopefully it will be what your doctor says and will clear soon but even if it does turn out to be your gall bladder that is nothing to worry about. Lots of people (me included) have had gall bladder problems. I have had mine removed by key hole surgery. Quite often though after a tummy bug you end up with a lot of gas in your tummy so it is more likely to be just that.

lelespears
12-04-13, 11:04
I get the exact same. Ibs & wind I think.

Sazziesaz
12-04-13, 13:27
Thanks for your responses! I am really going to try hard not to worry about it or a few days (easier said than done) and then see how it goes! Hopefully if trapped wind it will ease x