PDA

View Full Version : Tooth ache ?

Em.ma
11-04-13, 20:13
I've got a pain in one of my back teeth.
Dentist told me last time I had an impacted wisdom tooth but the pain is on the other side were a wisdom tooth is? Is this likely to be it coming through. ? I don't want to look.
It's not terrible pain but its enough to notice.

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Had a look can see a half broken through wisdom tooth what if that ones impacted to and will be infected. It feels very sore and painful :( this started a couple hours ago

sarahsarah
11-04-13, 20:24
Get down to the dentist as soon as you can, Emma. Whatever it is won't be serious and can be easily sorted, there's no need to go through any pain. I say this as someone who avoided the dentist for many years and went through a lot of pain xx

Lost2010
11-04-13, 20:25
Hi Emma,

Sorry you've got toothache - wouldn't wish that on anyone! I'm not sure of your situation, are you able to get to the Dentist at all? If not, do you know of any that do home visits? I managed to find one last year after waiting too long so worth ringing around if you need to try and find one.

It could be just the wisdom tooth coming through, even when they come through ok they can be painful and achy. Or if it feels more than that it might be impacted or you could just have an infection. Either way, best not to wait as an infection won't just go on it's on. Could be that you just need a course of antibiotics rather than any treatment. Hope it feels better soon!

Em.ma
11-04-13, 20:31
Thanks guys.
I'm going to wait till Monday and see what happens. If its to bad ill take the day of work and ring the dentist Monday morning as they do on the day apps.
It's a very minor achy pain. Very cope able but no mistaken its their, but this is from someone with a very high pain tolerance.
I won't die leaving it till Monday if only in minor pain ?

Edie
11-04-13, 22:35
It is sore when your wisdom teeth come through. Bonjela is your friend :)

Em.ma
14-04-13, 19:24
Hi guys.
The pain is coming on when I eat then after a while going.
I just chewed an almond on it and my god that killed!?
Now it's all painful and sore again. But fine if I don't eat for ages.
I've just rinsed with salt water to see if it helps but its getting more and more painful after eating, eating starts the pain. Will see how it goes. If gets to bad ill take a day of work and see my dentist.
Still worried though :(

Em.ma
15-04-13, 18:39
Getting worried again,
Pain was fine until I had my chicken stir fry just now,
It was soft to. Noodles, veg and chicken and sauce, nothing to crunchy.
Am booking a dentist app tomorrow defiantly.
May even take the day off work if pain still very bad in the morning.
Will I make it till tomorrow morning though ?:(

sarahsarah
15-04-13, 18:59
You will make it, Emma. Please make the appointment tomorrow xx

Em.ma
15-04-13, 21:14
Will do.
Shall I take day off and make an emergency one or make one for a later date?

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Think ill have day off and make an emergency app. It's very sore :(

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Any one know is this is a need to go tomorrow ? Or will it be I'm left? Please? I don't know if to go to work or not,

sarahsarah
15-04-13, 23:17
What time do you start work? Is it possible to call the dentist before you'd have to ring work, so you have something specific to tell them? You probably won't need to take the whole day off anyway.

It might be that the dentist has specific slots for emergency treatment so you won't get a lot of choice in when you can go. If you're in great pain, go tomorrow if you possibly can.

buckeroo
16-04-13, 00:13
hi, if there is no appointments available for ages, you can ask the receptionist to put you on the shortlist for emergency appointment. its usually no longer than 2 days,but you need to be able to get to your dentists within half hour usually of the phone call to say theres a slot.i had my wisdom teeth removed and luckily was easy for the dentist, plenty of antiseptic spray is best i reckon :), hope you get it sorted soon

Em.ma
16-04-13, 18:54
Hello all,
I leave for work at 6:30 and dentist opens at 8.
Phones at 8 at work. Made app but will let me know if one comes up sooner. Not in terrible pain today,

Em.ma
18-04-13, 20:43
Pains bad tonight :(

sarahsarah
18-04-13, 20:47
Did you manage to book an appointment at the dentist, Emma?

Em.ma
18-04-13, 20:49
Yes next week :)

sarahsarah
18-04-13, 20:56
Glad to hear it :)

In the meantime, some co-codamol or other over-the-counter painkillers should do the trick. Xx

Em.ma
21-04-13, 20:03
Thanks have been taking parectomol. It only gets bad after eating like now and when I wake in morning it's fine so it can't be an infection as that would be their all the time. I reckon its just coming through but will have to wait and see. I just get panicky. Doesn't help I have bad overcrowded and crooked teeth . App on Friday of this week.

Going to bed soon with a film to distract my self :)