PDA

View Full Version : Aching left arm

Dan21
11-04-13, 20:28
Does anyone else get a recurring ache in their left arm? It's sort of in my bicep and seem to get worse the more anxious/stressed I get.

emeraldgirl
11-04-13, 21:17
I've got that now. contributing to my current anxiety. I'm trying to convince myself its from using the computer or driving. Could yours be from something similar?

sparkle_1979
11-04-13, 21:20
I get aches all over

Dan21
11-04-13, 21:22
Maybe, I've had it for a week or so. I was at the doctors yesterday and he measured my blood pressure which he said was fine and I had a resting heart rate of 63, so no issue there. I get tingles towards my hand too and it's cranking my anxiety right up. I run to keep fit and am wondering if I overdid it last week when I did a 4mile run. Could I have strained an arm running?? I don't know. Don't want to be anxious any more, I know that...

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

I'm trying to convince myself if I was having a heart attack or serious problems, I'd have more symptoms than a mild ache in my bicep?

cassy1989
11-04-13, 21:33
I get this on and off and automatically think heart attack but it is just a tense muscle I think and I make it worse where I get stressed about it. If you think throughout the day what you do you will probably realise you have actually done something that could make it ache almost like you have repetitive strain injury xx

sparkle_1979
11-04-13, 21:41
Try And relax, you've seen a doctor, bp is fine as it heart rate. Anxiety can Mae us feel all sorts of aches and sensations. I get buzzing, tingling all sorts of pains I'm fit and healthy....obviously that's until miss health anxiety starts up :/

Dan21
11-04-13, 21:46
Thanks all, your posts are a real help.

I don't know why I just can't get my head round it. I'm 38, don't drink or smoke, eat pretty healthily and run about 3 miles every three or four days. But I'm convinced I'm on the dge of some awful, terrible illness.

One of the things I find hard to understand is how anxiety can make you feel so physically wrecked. How can it cause so many aches and pains?

Bekzie
11-04-13, 21:49
Hi Dan I get it all the time and try to ignore it now because it did cause me a lot of anxiety :hugs:

sparkle_1979
11-04-13, 22:00
I don't know dan but I know it makes me feel awful. Sometimes I feel like I've got flu. Health anxiety is awful, it really is the pits. I wouldn't wish it on anyone