PDA

View Full Version : left sided feelings...

cbornet
12-04-13, 00:22
Hey. I've been in sort of a state lately with my ALS fears. I've had several panic attacks. Does anyone on here know if anxiety can affect only one side of the body. See for me, my left hand has been "feeling" weak and stiff and cramping, as with my left leg. I felt some of this about 4 months ago and then it went away, which I know should immediately rule out ALS or anything like that, but i just cant shake these feelings. I have twitches sometimes, but I know without true clinical weakness, it doesnt mean anything serious. Just would like some reassurance from people on whether my mind can really make me think my left side is "off" or weak or if it could be something really serious :scared15: Thanks

nomorepanic
12-04-13, 00:25
Hi

We do get a lot of posts about left sided problems.

Please click on search and in the text part enter "left side" and click on titles only and you will see what i mean.

jayred
12-04-13, 14:17
Its always my left side to be honest its very very typical i wouldnt worry so much about that your mind can do anything it puts its mind to alongside stress and worry that will make your muscles and joints stressed

pAULspybeef
14-04-13, 15:27
I have had random left-sided feelings for about 2 years. They wax and wane but never vanish. I am much better at managing them nowadays and have a better quality of life. It's tough but try accepting what your GP and other medical professionals say. PM me if you want to chat. Regards

beauty2010
14-04-13, 17:14
Mine are on the right. Right leg, right shoulder, migraines on right temple. Never really worried about it. My left side is fantastic!!

fluff
14-04-13, 18:03
Im exactly the same problems all on left

xtremx
14-04-13, 20:42
Hi..
I'am the same as fluff my left side is always problematic weakness and pain in my arm/shoulder down to my hands pins and needles. Headaches left side jaw pain left side and chest pain and leg pain left side.

I also like the op have muscle twitching.

But as I say a lot of the times Posture is the main problem because we suffer from anxiety we mainly favour a certain way of sitting ie: on the sofa slumped because we feel comfy or leaning in bed on the laptop and the list goes on.

All this is over months/years is going to lead to weakness and nerve problems on the side that we put the pressure on and the best way to try and help is correct the posture.

I know I have and it helps.

cbornet
14-04-13, 23:33
good to hear all your replies. this is just driving me crazy. Do you any of you get spasticity in your hands or feet? almost like a cramp but not quite. ive been getting this in my left hand recently. im still terrified of ALS, but do you guys think after 6 month of this, I would have many other symptoms? i guess MS is more of a possibility...

madgirl
15-04-13, 02:18
I have had this on and off for years. Mainly left, but sometimes it's my right. I think other symptoms would have presented?

Eek
15-04-13, 03:05
When I'm very anxious I get weak down my left side, my face feels numb down the left side and my arm and leg on the left side feel weak.

cbornet
15-04-13, 04:53
wow. this is a lot more common that i thought! crazy how anxiety can affect only one side!