PDA

View Full Version : Another hello :)

Hitne
12-04-13, 00:40
Hey all,

Having only joined an hour or so ago, I can safely say I'm new to this place! Having looked around briefly it looks like a great place for people to connect, and I'm looking forward to contributing.

As for me, my problems started last year when I was on holiday with a friend. I was constantly in fear of collapsing/passing out etc, and at the time I didn't realise it was in all likelihood a panic attack.

On the last day I went to a hospital, and after x-rays revealed there wasn't anything physically wrong, I was given tablets to calm me down.

I had a really bad period after that, including having to stop playing football because I was convinced I was going to collapse. Things got better, but I still have bad days. These include being in big crowds occasionally, and after a particularly bad episode the other night, I figured I'd look online.

I don't take regular medication, only on a as and when basis. Would love to chat with people who have been through the same, so if anyone wants to get in touch, feel free :)

Thanks all.

Bekzie
12-04-13, 00:45
Hi and :welcome:
I hate the "I'm going to pass out" feeling and am having trouble with dizziness lately too.

I'm sure you will find a lot of help and support here, its great to know you are not alone

hanj16
12-04-13, 01:00
A big welcome to the site, theres a great little community on here and I'm sure you'll find it a great source of support!

Wishing you the best
Hannah

Mark13
12-04-13, 01:04
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Hitne
12-04-13, 01:16
Thanks already for the replies guys, really is much appreciated, and nice to know there are a few other night-owls about!

Ah tell me about it Bek, I think that's my main problem at the moment. The episode the other night was one of my worst in a while, and was a bit out of the blue after a good period.

Still, it's nice to know that there are others in my situation (well not nice, but you know what I mean!), and it's great to have a place to discuss things.