PDA

View Full Version : Frequent urination - constant anxiety?

Wings313
12-04-13, 01:25
Hello all - This is my first post on this forum and hoping to find some advice. :) I see that many, many people have posted about frequent urination/constant need to pee, so that helps. I have this symptom, have seen a urologist who thinks nothing is wrong physically. I even tried an overactive bladder medication and a bland diet but it didn't make a difference. I see from a lot of the posts that people say they have "on and off again" frequent urination or they "used to" have it, "I get this when I'm anxious" etc...so if I have it all the time does it just mean I'm constantly anxious? I think I could be...I've had anxiety my whole life (dx of OCD and GAD) and I'm in a situation in life where I'm not happy or fulfilled but can't change it. I did feel better and didn't have the constant urge not too long ago when I was preoccupied with a different life event. But then it came back. Taking Xanax seems to help, because it either just conks me out or relaxes me...but I know that's not a long term solution and might actually be making it worse because I'm relying on it rather than figuring out my anxiety. All this to say - is it possible to just be constantly in such a state of anxiety that a symptom like always needing to urinate could be there all the time?