PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid problem?

Itsallinmyhead416
12-04-13, 02:22
Anyone here have a thyroid problem? I'm a 26 year old male and very active but I think I'm experiencing some of the symptoms associated with a thyroid problem, specifically extreme fatigue. I seem to feel tired more frequently than I should. I had my thyroid levels checked back in 2010 but everything was normal and I just didn't know if things could change from then to now.

Nico
12-04-13, 07:58
I have wondered the same thing myself, I was told by my doctor that I had a slightly overactive thyroid after one blood test, then told I was fine after another. If you had either hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism I would imagine you would have more symptoms than tiredness, that can be caused by a million things. Do you have sudden weight loss or gain ? Do you have muscle cramps? Do you have a constantly rapid heartbeat? These are just a few symptoms of a Thyroid problem. My people with thyroid problems will also have a goitre (swollen neck) which is a clear indicator of a thyroid problem (although it is possible to have a thyroid problem without one). I hope this helped