PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to introduce myself.......

daffy1969
12-04-13, 11:03
Hello to everyone. I am Denise and I am 43 yrs old. I have been suffering from chronic pain since 1990 following a failed back surgery. I had an acute episode two yrs ago that resulted in another spinal surgery(l5s1 fusion). Depression and anxiety / panic seem to have taken over my body since then (and my chronic pain continues. Also, now I have the added joy of my body starting to shake / tremble without warning and I feel like I am going to either pass out or throw up any time I am startled or stressed. I'm here just looking for people who understand and who maybe have some suggestions etc from their personal experiences. I feel the doctors are letting me down, so I don't really know where to turn.

Annie0904
12-04-13, 11:09
Hi Denise, :welcome: Sorry to hear about your back problems and resulting anxiety. Shaking and trembling is a symptom that I (and probably most of us here) get with anxiety. Has your doctor prescribed any medication or suggested therapy?

daffy1969
12-04-13, 11:23
Hi. I am on 100mg sertraline a day along with a slew of pain meds. I did CBT and therapy but they wanted the focus to be on me accepting my pain / pain condition

Mark13
13-04-13, 19:47
Glad to have you with us Denise.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.