PDA

View Full Version : TENSION IN HEAD AND NECK

Panic1971
20-09-06, 17:40
Please can someone help. I have a really bad headache which goes from the back of the neck and feels like my head is about to explode. The problem is that is it making me feel really dizzy and if I close my eyes or stand still I feel like I am going to fall over. Does this sound normal for a tension headache. Also, my right eyelid twitches quite a lot. This twitching has been going on for the last couple of weeks. It only last for about 20 seconds but it comes and goes all day, especially if I am stressed.

I also find that I hold my breath alot.

Please help?????????????????:(

eeyorelover
20-09-06, 17:56
Sounds like muscle tension from anxiety.
Have you tried any breathing techniques?
They have helped me alot!!!!
Hope you feel better soon :)
xxx
Sandy

flutterby
20-09-06, 18:23
hi

It does sound like tension, i used to get tension headaches alot and they made me dizzy too and when i'm stressed my eyes twitches a little.
I've tried relaxation CD's and they seem to help.
They will get better if you try to relax.

Flutterby xx

polly daydream
20-09-06, 19:07
Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes it sounds defo like tension, I get it alot too.

Polly

Panic1971
20-09-06, 19:19
Thanks for the quick replies. I have tried the breathing exercises but find I get more panicky when I start to concentrate on my breathing.

juju
20-09-06, 21:12
hi,
i get more panicky when i concentrate on my breathing too. its def tension, i had all this a couple of weeks ago, also my jaw and teeth, it does go, not very nice i know.
take care
julie

oh, i had a few radox baths, and do some relaxation excercises too, this does help.

we are all stronger people after having this

hopeful
23-09-06, 18:26
hi,
Have you tried rubbing heatrub into the back of your neck and shoulders? It has worked for me,started using it last Sunday and have not had neckpain/headache for 4 days now.I use fiery jack ointment,it only cost 2 quid.B..ts and s....drug dont sell it, Igot mine from a Vantage chemist.Please try it it really does relax the neck muscles.
julie x