PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex and Obsessive breathing

shelleypreston
12-04-13, 11:12
Dear All

I have joined the forum this morning because I have two burning problems that are destroying my life at the moment and I would love to know if anyone out there has experienced the same things.

I had my first panic attack last year 16/07. This has then manifested into being diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder. I started treatment with beta blockers for a month, which made no difference to how I was feeling at all so after that month the doctor then put me on 10mg Cipralex, after 3 months I came off the BB and have been on my 10mg Cipralex ever since. This tablet has really changed my life, anxiety has gone, things that I would normally stress and not sleep over now don't seem to worry me - basically been a bit of a life saver for me - with one exception :(

WEIGHT GAIN !!!!!

I exercise 5 days a week I eat right - and STILL I keep gaining weight. My doctor will not acknowledge that it is this SSRI causing it...but I know it is...:(

Has anyone else had this problem on this drug and if you have did you manage to lose any weight at all with strict dieting whilst on it?? I am now thinking about reducing calories down to 800 a day just to not keep putting on weight.

None of my clothes fit me (incl my underwear)
My body shape has changed beyond recognition...

My second problem is constant awareness of my own breathing. This started around the same time that my anxiety calmed down. Has anyone else experienced this and if so did it eventually go away????

Any comments that you have would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much
Michelle :)

bab
12-04-13, 13:16
Hi Michelle
Ive been on cipralex for about 5 years and its so frustrating when people say its not the tablets putting on weight because I eat less and exsercise more than most and i keep putting on weight - i feel your pain x