PDA

View Full Version : liquid Trazadone

gregcool
12-04-13, 12:21
Anyone on the liquid form..Iv been on casuals for the whole time iv been on traz...and everytime i go up in the dose from 50 to 100 i wake instead of sleeping and feel high anxiety all next day..my sister has been on traz for years and is on 100..mg.. it has always sent her into a deap sleep..my 50 used to do this..but now NOTHING.iv got to increasr and wanted to do this slowly..i was going to use the liquid form as you can take wat ever amount from a 50mg botel..which meens with a seringe i could actually take 60mg or 75mg etc....can anyone shed any light or findings or advice on this..thanks..greg

bernie1977
12-04-13, 19:19
Hi Greg,

I was given liquid Trazodone when I had to increase my dose. I didnt need it for long as luckily for me I was able to increase to the 150mg tablet quite quickly as I had to no side effects. This is the first drug that I have taken for depression & anxiety that has not made me ill. Been on citalopram, venlafaxine, Mirtazipine, duloxetine and suffered badly. Hope you have the same success as me Greg x

gregcool
12-04-13, 21:26
Thanks Bernie..Did it behav the same in your system..was ypu given liquid just because its easy to go up in small amounts..

bernie1977
13-04-13, 00:02
I asked for the liquid as I've always had a bad time on SSRI/SNRI medication so I didn't want to increase too much incase the trazodone made me ill but it didn't, as I increased the only thing I noticed was that I was more tired. This medication is the only one that's never made me ill physically in any way. I'm still shocked at that as I was so sensitive to all the other meds.

Hope it works for you too. I've never heard anyone say they've had bad effects from this drug unlike the SSRI's

gregcool
13-04-13, 06:19
Bernie..you sound the same as me mate..with drugs....one thing you havnt said tho..is how you are getting on with traz...is it working..are you feeling better....i took 70mg last night and just do not get that tiredness at all which is so anoying..i woke at 4am this morning and have not fallen back to sleep...when i first took this drug on 25mg i was crying out for my bed withing 20 min..that lasted for weeks and i used to think i had my sleep sorted..then i increased to 50 and for weeks still the sleep came..but then all of a suden it stoped..and i never got that tired fealing and when i did fall to sleep i started to wake...and i also found the last time i increased to 70mg and got to 100..i was waking in the night more....so im wondering if i was better off on 25mg as a sleep aid..but anyway how are you getting on at your dose..

bernie1977
13-04-13, 12:30
Hi Greg,

I have panic disorder with agoraphobia and social anxiety. I was housebound for a long time. The trazodone has taken away the depression I had and seems to be helping with the anxiety. Before I hardly left my bedroom and would get panic attacks for no reason everyday, since I got up to the full dose of trazodone this has stopped and I'm now working with a CPN and support worker on exposure therapy. I still get panic attacks when they're due to visit but they pass a lot quicker.

I'd definitely say that trazodone has helped me. As for sleeping it knocks me out 20 minutes after taking and I sleep for 8-14 hours!! So sleep wise I'm the opposite to you.

I'm on 150mg at night. I would say you definitely need more than 50mg. 150mg is the maintenance dose for depression and anxiety. Once you've got a med that helps you with these that will help you to sleep. That's why I like trazodone as it helps with depression and anxiety and has a sedative effect to help with sleep.

gregcool
13-04-13, 16:10
Thanks for that Bernie..I def need to get my traz up..i had the liquid traz last night and today feel more awareness and vision is like hd...i feel a bit dull..didnt sleep well..so i dont know if my brain didnt like the change from capsual to liquid..maybe ill take my norm capsual and the upped amount in liquid...

bernie1977
13-04-13, 20:27
Yes that's a good idea, take the 50mg capsule and the difference in liquid. Don't worry there's no difference between the two, it's exactly the same formula.

My psychiatrist said trazodone was one of the easiest medications to get people started on.

gregcool
13-04-13, 20:31
Yep will see how i go on with this mate..thanks for all your advice

bernie1977
13-04-13, 20:35
I hope it works for you Greg. I'll look out for your posts to see how you're getting on.