PDA

View Full Version : Been Feeling Anxious and Panicky every day for 2 months

chicaplatense1
12-04-13, 20:08
Anyone out there like me? Anyone feels Anxious and on the edge of a Panic attack every single day for as long as 2 months?
I feel like I am sooo tired of the suffering. I started Citalopram 4 weeks ago and just when I think I am feeling better I have Anxiety again. Will it ever end? I don't want my whole life to be like this! I have 4 kids and I have to go back to school for my Masters in July and I need to be well! I wnat to be my old self again!

footballking
12-04-13, 20:55
Some people have suffered much longer. I have been suffering for over 5 months non stop, and I can't take my medication because i'm afraid.

chicaplatense1
12-04-13, 21:01
Try the medication. Maybe it works. Are you able to work and function? My family pretty much depends on me for improving our financial situation and I'm just so scared of falling appart... we would lose everythig!

footballking
12-04-13, 21:06
Try the medication. Maybe it works. Are you able to work and function? My family pretty much depends on me for improving our financial situation and I'm just so scared of falling appart... we would lose everythig!

I am not functioning at all right now. I was functioning 3 months ago quite well, then I got hit badly with anxiety. I am scared because of the potential serious side effect. What MG are you on?

chicaplatense1
12-04-13, 21:09
I'm on 20mg of Citalopram. Been thinking of upping the dose butnot sure. My Doctor recommended it but my Psychologist thinks I need to learn to handle it without the meds. Confussing...

footballking
12-04-13, 21:13
I'm on 20mg of Citalopram. Been thinking of upping the dose butnot sure. My Doctor recommended it but my Psychologist thinks I need to learn to handle it without the meds. Confussing...

When you're in a hole, it's hard to get going without medication.

I have been prescribed lexapro, but afraid to take it because of potential blood clotting.

chicaplatense1
13-04-13, 16:53
Have you tried any kind of therapy/CBT? Was Lexapro prescribed by your doctor? I think clotting with this med is extremely rare but I understand that you have health anxiety and this is your fear. I used to have those fears. I went through a period that I was convinced that I had a heart condition, then it was a brain tumor, then I thought that I had had a stroke. I spent lots of time researching every symptom I had and had MRI's and all kinds of tests. I eventually overcame that fear. I told myself that we are all human and we will all inevitably get sick and die one day. Somehow I was eventually ok with this. I just struggle with other things now, like guilt and acceptance of suffering...

footballking
13-04-13, 18:49
Have you tried any kind of therapy/CBT? Was Lexapro prescribed by your doctor? I think clotting with this med is extremely rare but I understand that you have health anxiety and this is your fear. I used to have those fears. I went through a period that I was convinced that I had a heart condition, then it was a brain tumor, then I thought that I had had a stroke. I spent lots of time researching every symptom I had and had MRI's and all kinds of tests. I eventually overcame that fear. I told myself that we are all human and we will all inevitably get sick and die one day. Somehow I was eventually ok with this. I just struggle with other things now, like guilt and acceptance of suffering...

wow that's inspirational. You got rid of your health anxiety without any type of intervention. Be proud of yourself for that, it's the worse thing to treat as it involves a lot of financial backing. Message me anytime if you want to talk :)
I'd rather not take something that could potentially do that lol or increase the chance even more.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Also I've been referred for CBT, should be receiving it soon.

chicaplatense1
20-04-13, 21:00
footbalking,
I didn't see your reply til now.
Thank you.
I overcame that fear but I am finding it difficult to overcome other fears.
I fear that I won't be able to cope, I fear that I will feel like this forever, I fear that I won't be strong enough one day and might end up commiting suicide, I fear that I might go crazy and hurt my children and I fear that my husband will get sick of all this and leave me and take my children. I know all of this is catastrophic thinking but I don't know how to get rid of these fears. The only thing that gives me some relief is the idea of going to the mental hospital where none of this can happen but eventually they would send me home and I would still have to face all of that...
I don't know, I am trying to tell myself that I can be ok whether I get better or not and I can continue to live my life even with anxiety and savor the moments when I don't feel anxious even if they are short lived and just live for those moments and to see my children grow....
I am aiming for full acceptance I have read that there lies the cure. But fully accepting this ironically involves not seeking a cure and just accepting and embracing feeling like this and paradoxically this might one day bring about the miraculous cure.

nusadin
20-04-13, 21:35
All that fears are the product of your mind and they not real.You are not going to be crazy or you name it....it is impossible. Everything is in your had, but do not try to resist it, acceptance is the solution.

Try to tell yourself those are completely bullshit, because they are.Also go to doctor he/she will prescribe you some medication and everything will be ok.

chicaplatense1
21-04-13, 02:54
Nusadin,
Thank you for your reply. It is true, today I have been telling myself "I have nothing wrong with me", "this is just stress", "I AM normal" and this helps. I just need to keep practicing.

nusadin
22-04-13, 22:29
the ultimate level you should achieve is not telling your self anything. Just monitoring you mind and be aware of patterns that repeats all the time. This is also the ultimate goal of meditation. One day you should become completely separated form you mind, and be calm and relaxed.