PDA

View Full Version : Any1 like me?

N206
21-06-04, 15:16
ok these are my symptoms..i live with all these from day to day.

1.Dizziness/lightedhead. weather sat down or walking..
2.Sweating palms
3.like my heart jumped a beat
4.pain under my belly button area,like an ache or like iv been stabbed.
5.constant noises and churning and gurling,quite loud from my bowel area
6.loose/flaking/crumbling stools for few days- then constipated
7.nausea and feeling sick in my ears?!? do u no what i mean!?
8. tingling hands and feet.
9.aching limbs

the worst symptoms are numbers 4&5 because my biggest issue that causes my panic attacks is upset tummy. its like Emetaphobia but fear of it going down.. insted of up?! is there a real name for this fear?

xx

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

Meg
21-06-04, 15:53
1.Dizziness/lightedhead. weather sat down or walking..
Yes, anxiety and hyperventilation
2.Sweating palms
Yes adrenaline
3.like my heart jumped a beat

yes palpitaions
4.pain under my belly button area,like an ache or like iv been stabbed.
Yes - GI issues
5.constant noises and churning and gurling,quite loud from my bowel area
Yes and you're not treating it very well
6.loose/flaking/crumbling stools for few days- then constipated

GI disturbances are very common with anxiety
You are not helping yourself with your eating pattern and using codeine
7.nausea and feeling sick in my ears?!? do u no what i mean!?

nausea yes but not sure about the ears bit
8. tingling hands and feet.

Yes, Breathing too shallowly
9.aching limbs

You might like to check the symptom page on the website as these are listed there.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

N206
21-06-04, 16:05
thanks for your help
i read the symptoms page,and saw that some of my symptoms are normal to the condition.

With my tummy though, i get in a vicious circle.how do i change? its all churny and upset, so i avoid eating incase it goes through me. i dont like to eat if had a bad morning on the loo. should i ignore it and eat anyway??
what did yuo mean about the codine? whats the problem with taking it? i dont use it as a preventative..only when im bad.

Meg
21-06-04, 16:20
When you're anxious the normal reaction is for excess blood to leave the gut area to prepare for fight or flight, so digestion gets interrupted and hurried, which makes you want to get out what is already in there both to make it lighter to run and not need so much energy spent on it.

Additionally being anxious produces more stomach acid that gives off gas and makes you want to go. Most people experience a hurried GI system when they are scared.

Do not avoid eating at all - eat little and often. So not 3 big meals a day but 6 nutritious snacks. Even when you don't eat anything there is waste from your body to excrete.

Codeine will interfere with your bowel patterns. Fine for occassional special events but otherwise its much healthier to manage it naturally.

To calm the whole bowel Ginger and charcoal are good , as is chamomile/peppermint teas. If your tummy is sore, slippery elm is reputed to be good but I've not tried that myself.

Also meditation is great learned over a time period to calm IBS.

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

N206
21-06-04, 16:35
it definatly helps when its explained properly whats actually going on. i find i cope alot better if i know why its happening, rather than worrying "whys it doing that, whats that noise". i dont use codeine very often, when i first started with ibs sypmtoms which was when i came off ciprilex in february, i was taking it daily. This weekend has been the first time in over a month as i was finding each day my tummy was getting a bit worse.I took it last night and this morning, just to stop it from getting worse again.
Is it possible to get upset tummy from hormones,as it is my time of the month? it never used to seem to upset me,but could it now?
thank you, your great!
x

Meg
21-06-04, 16:45
Of course you do cope better with information - we all do. We like to be in control - especially of our own bodies !!

Coming off Cip fast was not helpful but it is in the past now- so onwards and upwards ...

If you don't HAVE to be somewhere I would advise keeping off codeine etc and learning to manage IBS naturally.

Dietary changes are really useful... http://www.eatingforibs.com

Often at period time you naturally get a bit constipated beforehand and very windy and make up for it once it arrives.

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

N206
21-06-04, 17:07
i dont get constipated when its my period,mine goes the other way!

im gonna do my best to try eating properly,and to realise that when i am having a bad tummy day its not nessicerily illness,its just anxiety and i dont have to starve myself.
its just getting my head round it, and knowing its not harming me!
x

Meg
21-06-04, 17:13
Constipated pre period with a release once it arrives.

Hurrah - good choices and attitude .

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

Rennie1989
21-06-04, 20:10
n206

i have the last 2 symptoms on ur list but i dont really know who else has it. is it like pins and needles on ya

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears