PDA

View Full Version : constant low feeling and knot in stomach

gregcool
13-04-13, 13:26
Me again..just want to vent my fealings today...last couple of days iv felt low again..not sleeping and missing my life with my wife and kids and my home..last night i took trazadone liquid form ,because you can go up in small amounts in the liquid form..i only took 60mg my norm was 50 mg...i woke at 4 and was kept awake the rest of the morning..i lay there in my sisters spare room awake and alone depressed....5am comes ,my sisters sons alarm goes off for 20min solid before he even turned it off..by 6 her husband gets up and moves around untill 7..by around 8 iv started to feel very tired and must have drifted back to sleep ..i woke at 9 am ...and have been hanging around ..my plans for this evening have changed so i have nothing to do with my day...but iv felt very down and a bit sick feeling and hoplessnes again...my future seems so foggy and each day is killing me...i feel a slight sedation in me today...not sure if this is tiredness or the new liquid form of trazadone....just wanted to vent..so im not looking for any reasurances as i know my life being turned upside down and my depression is all pilling up on me..

shaka
13-04-13, 14:17
Hi gregcool
Hope you soon start to feel better.

gregcool
13-04-13, 16:10
Thanks Shaka

Annie0904
13-04-13, 16:38
Greg, hopefully in the next week the trazadone will start having a better effect. Hopefully tomorrow being Sunday your nephews alarm won't go off and you will get more rest. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

gregcool
13-04-13, 19:03
Thanks annie..im going to take my.norm capsual of 50mg tonight and use the liquid to go up 20mg for a couple of days and so on untill im on that 100..then take capsuals...

theharvestmouse
13-04-13, 19:05
Knot in the stomach could be the depression, that's the feeling I had, it does go, things can improve for you Greg so don't give up hope. You've hung in there this long so you are a strong person, don't forget that.

Annie0904
13-04-13, 19:59
Let us know how you are doing tomorrow Greg...it has to get better soon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

gregcool
13-04-13, 20:29
Thanks guys...just feel im allways hear at the moment..

Whitetrash
13-04-13, 20:36
Hi Greg...

Looks like you ride a TL1000S so therefore you are a god amongst men!

Feel better soon dude :-)

shakey1961
13-04-13, 20:42
Greg, things will seem bad at the moment and you can't see an end to it, but it will get better.

I appreciate you don't want to air your problems in public and perhaps I shouldn't be saying this, I apologise in advance, but you don't say why you're in this situation. If you want to reply to me in a private message feel free to do so, but please ignore my intrusion if it's gone too far.

I've had very dark times with my problems but eventually I've found mine have a physical cause to them, in that I've now found out I have Coeliac disease. But there were times I couldn't go 100yds down the road without feeling panicky.

In June I shall be playing in an orchestra in a theatre in front of 750 people and won't bat an eyelid, in fact I shall be enjoying it.

So things will get better. You will look back on it and realise you got through it.

Chin up mate!! Keep on keeping on

gregcool
13-04-13, 21:23
Thanks whitetrash and shakey...Amazing Shakey that you have become so confident..well done mate..you should be so proud...thanks for you possitive feedback.i will try and take it on board...

shakey1961
13-04-13, 22:07
I always felt my problems were not all in my mind. I've played the trombone from the age of 11 when I started at school. and it's really helped me to build my confidence. My dad always said to me "How can you go on a stage and play, but normal life you get anxious," but now I know why.

Remember Greg, you've been through an awful lot recently, so what you're feeling is normal for the situation you're in. I'd be more worried if you were smiling and laughing and joking with all your problems.

You're going through a crisis and you need people around you to get you through it - access the help and don't hold back.

You'll get there in the end.

gregcool
13-04-13, 23:18
Chears shakey..all good advice mate..i do keep telling myself this two..its been 3 weeks since iv left my 15 year marage and life behind for a single room at my sisters that o nrver had much contact with and smokes in the house and they all are quite noisy and early hrs..so im not geting any sleep...i didnt get much before.but i was just starting to get some regular sleep..hear at the weekends .
Instead of early nights my sister and hubby celerbrate by drinking and smoking like chimnys fri sat sun...and there son.gets up at 5am but goes to bed late and wakes me in the night..so you can see why im strugling hear..iv just spent another day in this flat and most of the night in this room watching tv..which i never did at home.id only goto my bedroom when it was time for bed...and because there is nothing for me to do with my long days im just walking around for many hrs before returning back hear for more tv...so when bedtime comes..i dont feel iv done or acheived anything on my day.and struggle to close my eyes and think happh things...oh well we keep going..must go i need to get on with my ground hog day..cheers mate

Soon to be happy
13-04-13, 23:39
Hi Greg,
I've had a sort of tummy ache/cramp on and off since I was 16 and my parents divorced. I had multiple scans and tests at the doctors and it turned out they were, as they so technically put it, 'stress tummy aches'. I know it's not technical and probably not much help, they suggested deep breathing relaxation techniques.
Hope you feel better soon.

Lilharry
14-04-13, 02:34
Sounds like you've going through a really rough time. It's great you can come here and offload. I'm not trying to give you any advice, but something that helps me is to write a list of things I can achieve and set about doing them. Nothing major, even just "brush teeth", "Have a shower", "clean toilet" etc etc. It feels good to tick them off and keeps your mind focused on a task. I know it sounds terribly boring, but I find anything that can take my mind off things and keep me focused helps. Hope you get some decent sleep - sleep makes such a huge difference.

gregcool
14-04-13, 18:05
Thanks for all the advice guys..I think sleep is going to allways be my problem..no matter what..iv suffered loss of sleep since i started leveythyroxine..which i have to take for ever..so just dont know how without sleeping pills for ever.ill ever get regular sleep..has anyone heard of the substitute for thyroxine called Armor??? What is it etc ..why are some on this and most not

clio51
14-04-13, 18:26
Found this greg, think its because it's licensed in UK

What is Armour Thyroid?

"Armour Thyroid" is a name given to a thyroid hormone preparation made in the USA, which is made from dried extracts of animal thyroid glands, usually from pigs. Other names include natural thyroid, or natural dessicated thyroid extract.

Armour Thyroid contains both thyroid hormones, T3 (liothyronine) and T4 (levothyroxine), which are produced naturally by the body.

What does Armour Thyroid do?

Armour Thyroid, like other thyroid hormone preparations, is usually prescribed for patients with hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), goitre (an enlarged thyroid gland), and certain types of thyroid cancer.

Before the 1970's, patients who required thyroid hormones for hypothyroidism would have been prescribed a natural thyroid hormone preparation such as Armour Thyroid, containing both T3 and T4. However, since the introduction of synthetic T4 (levothyroxine) tablets around that time, these quickly became the treatment of choice for most patients, and since then have been shown to be converted by the body into T3 in stable and suitable amounts so that the body still obtains the amounts of both T3 and T4 that it needs, from a tablet that is made synthetically and with uniform properties and minimal side effects.

Despite this, some patients and their doctors believe that their health is best maintained by taking a combination of T3 and T4 together, using a preparation such as Armour Thyroid where both hormones are combined in one tablet from an animal source.

However this remains controversial because there is little or no evidence from clinical trials to show any benefits from taking a preparation containing both T3 and T4 compared to T4 alone. Also, Armour Thyroid contains T3 and T4 in a different ratio to that normally found in the body, and there is potential for the amount of hormones per tablet to vary between batches; for these reasons and because a safe and well established treatment already exists in the UK, natural thyroid preparations including Armour Thyroid are no longer licensed as medicines in the UK.

What are the side effects of Armour Thyroid?

Like all medicines, Armour Thyroid can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.

Potential side effects of Armour Thyroid include the following: heart palpitations, chest pains, difficulty in breathing, increased appetite, insomnia (sleeplessness), hair loss, skin flushing, fever and increased sweating, anxiety, stomach upsets and diarrhoea.

Because Armour Thyroid contains extracts of animal thyroid glands, it's also important to watch out for the signs of an allergic reaction, such as a rash, itching, wheezing, or a swelling on any part of the body especially the face or throat.

If any of these are experienced and are troublesome please talk to your pharmacist or the prescribing doctor straight away.

How do I obtain Armour Thyroid?

In the UK all strengths of Armour Thyroid are prescription-only medicines, and are only available from a pharmacy when you have been given a prescription by your doctor.

Armour Thyroid is classed as an "unlicensed" medicine in the UK. It can be supplied by a pharmacy when you have a valid prescription, but the doctor and the pharmacy have a greater responsibility for the safety of the medicine.

The prescribing doctor will also have to complete a declaration, stating why Armour Thyroid is being prescribed instead of a UK licensed alternative such as levothyroxine tablets or liothyronine tablets. This is a requirement of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

gregcool
14-04-13, 18:46
Wow...thats a lot of reading..but very intrresting Clio..so not recomended by our gp then...but i have read there are many people on this in the uk and just wondered about my insomnia from the thyroxine..Which for some reason any doctor any phciatrists chrises team members...keep hearing me but not listning or offering any words of advice back ever..when i tell that since iv been on thyroxine iv not slept and dont sleep..they have never talked about a care plan of anykind to help that for the rest of my life..they seem to switch off!!! I can tell them clear and loud...IM NOT SLEEPING ONLY EVER SINCE BLA BLA and they dont say,ohhmmmm really Grg well if this is the case we need to sort out a long tearm solotion...wats the matyer with them all.??? Im shoting out loud and clear

clio51
14-04-13, 19:15
There is that other one there Greg, liothyronine? But that also states insomnia

They probably don't say anything about your sleep because there's nothing they can do other than what they are ie. Meds your trying. I have sleeping probs and my crisis team just say zopiclone or want to give me another med to help me sleep,then SE from that med! And so on.

gregcool
14-04-13, 19:36
Clio how did u become to insomnia..what your story..

clio51
14-04-13, 19:50
Mine started when I was put on venlafaxine, I have never slept straight through till morning since in my 20s. But when I had a relapse with anxiety/depression last year I was put on venlafaxine starting on 37.5mg now on 150mg through the episode my sleep was getting worse and sometimes I could still be awake at 4am. Was so tired in the days but yet I still couldn't sleep anxiety to high probably. Xmas time I asked for something to help me sleep first they gave me atavax(antihistamine) worked first night only following they gave me zopiclone 7.5mg they worked but left me groggy next day but I was told to use them every other night. I did this but didn't want to have to relay on sleeper to compensate for the venlafaxine I was on, on so I kicked them into touch. For a few weeks I'd either lie there for hours or wake up early, till eventually I was getting off to sleep quicker and able to get back off to sleep once I woke.
Touch wood it's worked, worked but when I've got things going through my head it still can
Take hours to drop off.

Annie0904
14-04-13, 19:54
Hi Greg, I don't know anything about Armour Thyroid but it may be a good idea to discuss it with your doctor especially as it doesn't seem to have insomnia listed as a side effect.
I managed to get 6 hours sleep last night so have got better as the week has gone on, starting at 2 hours last Sunday night.
Sending your daily hugs :D :hugs::hugs::hugs:

gregcool
14-04-13, 20:50
Wow..Clio that quite a jurney you have been on there..my deepest sympthy goes out to you..you are obiously a strong one to put up and get throug it all and keep going..well done for being such a good survivour....i wish i could spell..ahhrr..but you girls know what im saying despite my crap spelling..

Anie..i didnt realize your sleep was quite so bad..gosh..well i know just how you feel without sleep so my heart goes out to you..funny isnt it..10 years ago i never though id be hear..i would sleep for 10 -12 hrs if i wanted and couldnt be woken...and now we strugle to fall asleep.andvget anymore than a couple of hrs..lifes a bitch

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Also girls. Iv sold some of my things and got a few quid so .iv just booked my self in at a travel lodge next fri and am staying at my mums on the sat..so look forward to a nice big room to myself a non smoky room big bed to myself and breakfast..i will eat out and take some munches back..and relax in front of the tv and will have a 20mg sleeping pill to be sure i have a good nights sleep.much needed sleep..Im just happy to get out of this crap routen at my sisters and a change of senery...i hope i remain possitive about it tom.

Annie0904
14-04-13, 20:53
Greg...you should have booked in a Premier Inn...in fact we all should, they guarantee a good nights sleep which means we would get free nights until we slept all night :roflmao:

gregcool
14-04-13, 21:00
Ha ..very good thinking..i didnt think of that..lol.id feel realy checky saying i didnt sleep..although you are right i should have..

Annie0904
14-04-13, 21:09
I hope you get a good nights sleep at the travel lodge anyway, it will be nice to be able to just chill out there.

gregcool
14-04-13, 21:15
Well thanks Annie..thats my plan..food tv and a sleeping pill..what a night out....thats my fri night out

chantelle
14-04-13, 21:59
Enjoy it Greg....you always feel more positive after a good night's sleep.

gregcool
14-04-13, 22:40
Thankyou Chantelle..i will

clio51
14-04-13, 23:25
Greg, enjoy Friday night, just think a nice big room with a big bed!!
Eating what you want and watching what you want for a change. No smoke and no noise.

It's good of your sister to put you up,but we all like space sometime.enjoy the stay with you mum, could you not stay there? It might be quieter for you just a thought.

gregcool
15-04-13, 07:14
Thanks Clio..i will enjoy fri..in my head im thinking ..out for a meal for one..back with just one pint.just one..a few munches..tv sleeping pill and no noise no smoke no 5am waking..and if i wake at 2-3-4 any of these times..im going to have another half sleeping pill...im going to make sure for one night i have total piece..an last night was the first nigh without any sleeping pills...so i will not have any all week so on fri my body feels the benrfit of one after a few days off..Sat at my mums ...they live in a warden controled houseing block....and in this block there us whats called a family room.and it has two beds..if booked in advance you can book it for sat night..or any night for a £5..iv hinted to my mum and dad to let me have it even just for a couple of nights a week..but they feel compeled to entertain me if i did and so they keep making excuses why i cant have it...Im going to speek to them this sat and just say.....can i have the room on a wed night and a sat or fri or sun..even if i just turn up there early evening and watch tv in that room...iv got to convince them..just to give me more of a break from my sisters home

Annie0904
15-04-13, 15:46
Sounds like a good plan Greg and I hope your parents will agree.

Annie0904
17-04-13, 09:32
Just checking in on you Greg...how are you doing? Only 2 more nights then you will hopefully get a good nights rest. I was awake at 4 this morning but managed to get back to sleep at about 5:30 and slept until 8. :hugs:

gregcool
17-04-13, 12:29
AH Annie..good to hear from you..sad to hear you still just do not sleep..you have my deapest sympathy...really..
Well my sleep has been so bad despite my trazadone increase that i had to have a tamazam last night..i slept for 7 solid hrs..cant believe it 7 hrs...my head pain has gone and i feel better today..
Anyway iv been admited to a day service...i posted on general anxiety..have a read of that

Annie0904
17-04-13, 19:58
I will have a read of it. I am pleased you slept last night. I have been decorating all day today and I am exhausted so hoping to sleep tonight.

gregcool
17-04-13, 21:43
Ohh good for you annie.decorating..well thats very exhausting work..any norm person would sleep well..so i realy hope you get a good night sleep..i really do.