PDA

View Full Version : Tachycardia and being unfit

Bonnibelle
13-04-13, 13:42
Does anyone else suffer from a fast heart rate after doing housework? I am suffering from agoraphobia so my fitness level isn't great right now. I've noticed after hoovering, mopping, etc my ears go loud, woozy head and heart races, I put it down to being unfit. Does anyone else feel like this?

This morning I mopped downstairs and I felt how I describe above. I got a tad worried why it keeps happening and stressed. I walked upstairs which always makes my heart fast. I then decided to take my winter clothes out of my wardrobe, still tad stressed out and my heart was so fast. I lay down and my top was jumping:( it panicked me so I called my husband. Once I sat a few minutes and relaxed it calmed down. Now I'm worrying though was it anxiety or a problem with my heart. Why would my heart race just taking clothes out of my wardrobe, it's not strenuous?:/

Can anyone relate? I'm suffering agoraphobia after being attacked by my brother, I've got PTSD and anxiety so often have anxiety symptoms but my heart usually only thumps if I'm out in a shop and I get anxious.

Nico
13-04-13, 22:29
I have a fast heart rate very often for no apparent reason. It can be quite low when doing intense exercise, but pretty fast when suddenly moving etc. I exercise 6 times a week and I get this.

xBettyBoopx
14-04-13, 01:34
Does anyone else suffer from a fast heart rate after doing housework? I am suffering from agoraphobia so my fitness level isn't great right now. I've noticed after hoovering, mopping, etc my ears go loud, woozy head and heart races, I put it down to being unfit. Does anyone else feel like this?

This morning I mopped downstairs and I felt how I describe above. I got a tad worried why it keeps happening and stressed. I walked upstairs which always makes my heart fast. I then decided to take my winter clothes out of my wardrobe, still tad stressed out and my heart was so fast. I lay down and my top was jumping:( it panicked me so I called my husband. Once I sat a few minutes and relaxed it calmed down. Now I'm worrying though was it anxiety or a problem with my heart. Why would my heart race just taking clothes out of my wardrobe, it's not strenuous?:/

Can anyone relate? I'm suffering agoraphobia after being attacked by my brother, I've got PTSD and anxiety so often have anxiety symptoms but my heart usually only thumps if I'm out in a shop and I get anxious.

I can relate very much so. You can exercise indoors, buy a workout dvd, even housework is a workout lol. Do you also get heavy breathing? I am very unfit and my heart races and my breathing quicker and heavier when i do any kind of exercise :blush: I am 56 this year.

You can get stuck in the fear of exercise.....fear of heart racing becoz of exercise....so try not to be concerned with it becoz it will make you more anxious and in turn your heart will beat even faster.

Els

Alabasterlyn
15-04-13, 11:32
I get the same and I worry about it too. I'm 58 now and it doesn't seem to take much to make me aware that my heart is racing, although I have to say most of the time it's because I stop and take my pulse, so I am my own worst enemy. My GP always told me that it doesn't matter how much your heart races but what is more important is how quickly it slows down once you relax, but obviously just thinking about that can keep your heart going more quickly than it would be normally.