PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new and nervous

jelly2010
13-04-13, 18:49
Hi all,
I've been battling depression for a couple of years and things were really improving for me until I received some distressing news in Feb. Since then I have been experiencing horrific anxiety attacks and have been put back on fluroxetine but so far I'm getting no relief. I am also seeing a counsellor.

I guess I'm feeling very alone and like there's no way out of my dark feelings so came across this forum when trying to find some help.

I hope to be able to help others too.

Take care, Jelly x

hanj16
13-04-13, 19:04
Hi Jelly :)

Welcome to the site, I'm sure it'll provide you with lots of support! I'm sorry that you've had a setback in recent months, but you are not alone, everyone on here is genuine and lovely so don't be nervous.

Wishing you the best

Hannah

Ginge
13-04-13, 19:14
Hi Jelly

Good to hear from you and you cant be alone as we are talking.

Im not sure how we use this site as I am new to postings and very old !!

Is what I say to you open to all ?

Hope you can help me

jelly2010
13-04-13, 19:22
Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your response and for the reassurances! Love the George Eliot quote.
J x

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Hi Ginge,

Thanks for your reply and for saying I'm not alone.
I'm not 100% sure with how the posts work either - I'm sure we'll both figure it out soon. I think anyone can see what you put so yes open to all.
J x

hanj16
13-04-13, 19:31
Hey both,

Yeah everyone can see our posts on here. But you have the option to send private message to people too :)

Hannah

Mark13
13-04-13, 19:43
Hi Jelly. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

Annie0904
13-04-13, 20:01
Hi :welcome:

Ginge
13-04-13, 20:02
Well thats 4 of us

Not sure how I reply to all 4 of you at once ??

I am seeing a counsellor as well and so far so good

Ginge

jelly2010
13-04-13, 20:13
Thanks all for responding - I'm sorry you struggle with the hell of anxiety/panic attacks/depression etc but I'm sure you'll agree it's good to know we aren't the only ones.

Ihatesnow
15-04-13, 01:01
I'm new as well and feel great having people to talk to about this - well actually people who understand what it is. I'm on day 1 of prozac so expect I'll be needing a fair bit of help and advice over the coming weeks!