PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

Whitetrash
13-04-13, 19:34
Hi guys I've not been here for a while, hope everyone is as well as they can be!

I'm doing what seems to be my yearly cycle, I'm fine for a few months, start getting my fears and phobias creeping in and end up flat on my face taking medication. Does anyone else cycle with meds? I'm a Pure O with Iophobia and Health Anxiety, it sadly defines my life (or I let it do so)

I don't like taking Sertraline (the only eddective treatment I've been prescribed) as I don't like the side effects, I just do my time with them for a few months of the year as respite from my intrusive thoughts and anxiety.

I'm presently stuck with a decision to ride out a spike and hope I can get a grip on life or get back on Sertraline and try to work it through.
I guess I'm just throwing my thoughts out to you as I know someone will understand here.

Much Love,
Alex

Owen1980
15-04-13, 06:38
Hey mate,
I have no experience with meds but plenty with anxiety. I think meds are a personal choice and only you know what effects they will have on you. My personal choice is to ride out anxiety and I take comfort knowing that if things get too bad then I can fall back on meds/treatment.

Which ever choice you make, just remember these feelings won't last forever and you will feel great again soon.

HoneyLove
15-04-13, 15:00
Hi Alex,

Are you doing anything along with taking the meds to help you manage the anxiety? There is so much you can do to support yourself, and it means you'll have something there to rely on when you come off the meds again.