PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

ReissG
14-04-13, 14:22
So at the moment my anxiety is terrible :(
I need everyones knowledge about bruises that come from Leukaemia.

Are there any differences between a bruise caused by the cancer and just a normal bruise?

I thought that with Leukaemia you would have many other symptoms, nut just bruising, I have no other symptoms, I am healthy everywhere else (well except my post nasal drip, but that's allergies)but I have had about 8 (maximum) bruises in the past 2 weeks and I am really not use to that, some of them have come with others then disappeared, then more have shown up. None of them are huge (I had one big one, showed the Dr and he said it was fine) and they all seem to be brown/yellow, never black or purple.

My Dr said there is a certain bruise that they look for when looking for Leukaemia, he said that black, blue and purple bruises, really dark are the ones that need to be looked at, but someone on google who has had the illness will say "well I have no symptoms and only a couple of bruises" and I think oh for heavens sake!

Sometimes google can help but other times it makes things worse :scared10:

rated_r90
14-04-13, 15:22
You would definitely have other symptoms if you had Leukemia. You don't need to know what they are, because you will then imagine that you have them! Please stop googling straight away because it's self-destructive and pointless! There will always be a scary story online which we remember and fixate on much more than than anything positive we might find. I no longer Google and stopping is one of the best things I've ever done!

I am always covered in bruises and like you, I used to worry about them. I don't anymore though, because they are just bruises! If there was something as seriously wrong with you as Leukemia, you would know about it. The fact that you feel otherwise normal is a great sign and I'm sure that you are fine! The moment you start fixating on and counting your your bruises, distract yourself and don't give in to your worries. Anxiety is terrible I know, but we can all overcome it.

Good luck and please remember that you're fine!