PDA

View Full Version : Bad day :(

cattia
14-04-13, 21:38
I just feel so miserable this evening. I feel as though all I ever do is worry. I spend every day thinking that one day I'll feel better and my worries will have gone, but it never seems to happen.

I've been stressing about my son for ages, worried about autism. I read something on line that by 18 months they should have stopped putting stuff in their mouths. He's almost two and still eats EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, so that got me all upset and worried again.

Then there's my breast issues that I posted about earlier so won't go into it again, but that's got me in a state as well.

My husband is sick of hearing about my worries. Talking about them all the time just makes him stressed and irritated, because from his point of view, none of my worries have ever come true before so he just thinks that means than never will. To me though that means that sooner or later, I'll be right about something and it really will happen.

I am so tired of living from one worry to the next. I wish I could enjoy my gorgeous children without these constant anxieties. It really gets me down. Most days I just muddle through, but today I just feel rubbish and sad about everything. :(

mrsnobody
14-04-13, 21:44
why do you think your son has autism??? some kids put things in there mouths for years. has anyone else got the same worrys as you??? does he do anything else that you worry about??? iam not trying to be negative iam trying to get the facts before i comment as i have some trainning in this area.

Annie0904
14-04-13, 21:46
The reason they put a warning on toys that some are not suitable for children under the age of 3 due to small parts is that children under the age of 3 are more likely to put objects in their mouths. It is quite normal at the age of your son.

cattia
14-04-13, 21:54
Thank you Annie, I know that some children are more oral than others, so maybe he's just one of those! I have been doing much better with my worries about him this week but then that just set me back again!

Mrsnobody, I have worried obsessively about this for almost a year because of him being quite hyperactive and little things like sometimes mixing his pronouns up, being double jointed and not pointing very well with his index finger. It you search my old posts on here I go on and on about it like some sort of stuck record! I have to get it in perspective though - if he has any sort of autism he would be extremely high functioning. He talks amazingly, has a great sense of humor, plays normally with toys, interacts well, imaginative play is really good, good eye contact etc etc. It's just my stupid over analysing that I focus on little things and relate everything to stuff I've read. He has seen the GP and health visitor - neither were concerned, so I know I have to try to be more rational about my worries.

mrsnobody
14-04-13, 21:59
family member is on the autism spectrum pm me is you wana chat, i might be able to put your mind at rest that everything is ok. iam going to bed now but will be on here tommorrow. will try to find your old threads tomorrow