PDA

View Full Version : Asthma worries !!!! :(

lostlucy
15-04-13, 05:31
Hi everyone

Basically I had asthma as a child till I was around 8 years old or something ,
I have had a chest infection recently , which always leaves me with a cough and a feeling I can't breath.

I spoke to my gp and she said it sounded fine but gave me steroids to be extra carefull, which I took but I finished. Along with the anti biotics ,

I feel much better in myself after the anti biotics , but I still have an annoying and painfull cough , when I cough I get tight chested and short of breath and cough up small bits , is this normal with a chest infection ? Without having asthma ?

The problem is I can't tell weather it's asthma or me being anxious or just the chest infection ?! I just had a bad attack of coughing and I felt so right after I took my inhaler and it helped ,

Now I am scared I've got really bad asthma An that I'm going to die of an asthma attack any minuite ! I just don't know if it is asthma or not ,
I'm close to ringing an ambulance just incase !

I'm really frightened :(. Xxx

lostlucy
15-04-13, 15:10
Please ? Any thoughts or opinions atall would help ?? Xxx

littleme92
15-04-13, 17:28
I have asthma and I have had quite a few chest infections! I always get bad coughs with them!

If your inhaler is helping you then make sure that you use it whenever you feel you need to!

If you are really worried about your asthma then see your doctor, it will help you to put your mind at rest!

My chest tends to feel tight when I am worrying more so it may just be that.