PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia from Citalopram

Buitenlander
21-09-06, 10:19
Hi all,

I just wanted ask how people have coped with the insomnia resulting from using Citalopram as their med.

I'm now on Day 15 at 20mg and haven't noticed any improvement in sleeping patterns. I manage maybe 4 hours max per night and then wake up suddenly and can't get back to sleep.

Has this improved for people overtime and how long did it take ?

Thx in advance,
Buit.

Daisybun
21-09-06, 19:14
Hi I'm afraid i am the complete opposite, I feel so tired on citalopram at times I find I am yawning constantly and could sleep then and there. It must work differently on some people. Do you take it at night or in the morning?

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Buitenlander
21-09-06, 19:53
In the morning Daisybun. I split the dose taking 10mg with breakfast and then the other 10mg with lunch.

Buit.

Two heads
21-09-06, 21:03
well im really tired most of the day.Then come around 3 in the morning my body wants to get up!
This has been happening since taking meds.xxx

juju
21-09-06, 22:34
hi,
im on cit, and in the beginning wide awake, terrible insomnia, this lasted about 4-5 weeks for me.
i still have early morning waking about 6-30 which is good compared to before.
it does improve.
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

polly daydream
22-09-06, 11:19
Hi, have been on cit for nearly 4 months now, most nights I don't get to bed untill 1. oclock in the morning, sleep for about three hours then I suddenly wake and find it hard to get back to sleep, I have to try to force myself which is really hard.

Take care,

Polly

mandie
22-09-06, 11:41
Hi

I have been on citalopram since last year. Since being on it I have gone from about 8 hours sleep a night to no more than 4 hours. Last night i had only 2 hours finally falling asleep at 5 am.

I find myself dozing off in the afternoon/early evening but come bedtime im wide awake.

I have gone to work like a zombie this morning, i am so tired. I feel dizzy and all over the place from lack of sleep.

This week i have reduced my tablets from 20mg to 10mg so Im hoping that might make a difference to my sleep.

love mandie x