PDA

View Full Version : New to site and New to Anxiety/Panic

StaffordEd
15-04-13, 12:11
Hi all

I had my first anxiety/panic attack just before Christmas. I am 58 and have never experienced anything like it. I had a complete normal day at work called at the gym on the way home and arrived home fresh. I switched on my computer to check emails and then it started. At first I could not remember my password which I have had for years. It then quickly fell apart. I could not remember credit card pin numbers, telephone numbers or alarm numbers. It got to the stage when I thought I was in a dream nothing was real. My wife kept asking what the problem was as I was wondering around the house like a zombie. I was looking for something but did not know what. The more I tried to rationalize the deeper the feelings got. I struggled to sleep and eventually did fall a sleep. when I woke up it was if nothing had happened and it was just a bad dream. I could remember all the numbers again. Nothing more happened until Mid January when I started to have minor anxious moments for no apparent reason. I went to bed one Sunday night not feeling to bright when the next attack took place. I was short of breath my heart was like a canon going of and I was sweating. After 5 mins I got up and walked around unill it subsided. I went to my doctor and I am now waiting blood test and ECG results to see if we can eliminate any other medical condition. I have since had two more minor attacks. Each day when i awake i feel generally lethargic and spend time waiting for the next attack. I can cope with physical injuries but this is something else.

Best wishes

Ed :

Ihatesnow
15-04-13, 13:03
Hi Ed sorry you're feeling bad. These attacks are very scary and can soon take over your life. This site seems very good and full of useful information.

hanj16
15-04-13, 13:25
Hi Ed,

A big welcome to the site, I'm sorry that you're suffering. I'm sure you'll find lots of support and advice on here, its a great little community.

Wishing you the very best
Hannah