PDA

View Full Version : Need some support from like minded people

blingkasa
15-04-13, 15:17
Hi there, I dont usually post new threads as I get a lot of emotional support reading others and the advice given. It makes me feel like I am not alone. However, I really need some advice. For the first time in many years I am embarking on quite a big Arts project with my partner and we have a great time working with us. However, as the day of the project is drawing near I am getting increasing " Brain Fuzz" and panic and general anxiety. All the " What if's" are surfacing and all the negative ideas and feelings of anxiety and persecution. The smallest things are niggling me and even though I conceptualized this Idea, I am now worried that it wont work or will be ridiculed or I will look stupid. Its also a sponsored project so we still need too raise funds and that is on my mind as well. I would not have dared do something like this last year but, on a whim and because I know I can do it I have forged ahead. But the past few days I seem to want to hide away or just have feelings of anxiety and I dont know who to tell as I am also a project leader. I want this to be a success, and not be something I dont see through. But all these gloomy paranoid feelings just zap the energy out of me and I dont know what to do. Especially when it is going to be a huge public exhibit. Just wanted to vent a bit as I needed to get some friendly advice. I want this to work so badly. Thanks for listening.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

that should read " team"

thomas123
15-04-13, 15:27
Hi,

I know where you are coming from. I'm self employed so all responsibility is on my own head and working for myself, I have to get it right otherwise my work would dry up.

This is what makes me anxious, the "what if I cant do it", "what if I make a mistake" etc. I hate it and a guess you do too with whats on your mind.

Just try talking to yourself repeating the following phrase "I feel anxious now but soon I will be calm" and see if it has any effect in easing the burden. It helps me sometimes so I
hope it helps you.

Regards

blingkasa
16-04-13, 06:26
Thanks for that , helps a lot :)