PDA

View Full Version : Starting new job Anxiety/Panic

DemonInside
15-04-13, 16:57
Hi folks,

I was supposed to start a new job on monday (15/4/13), but the night before my anxiety and panic was horrendous (like a monster inside you, which wont let go). I managed to get to the work place, but my feelings inside were so bad, I couldnt stay there. I was honest with the boss, and he was understanding.

Anyway I went home, and on the way back who should I see my FATHER. Yes, and he started ranting and raving, and swearing why I wasnt at my job, etc, etc. Just the thing you need, when you feel a complete wreck, and feel like shit.

I cant recall being this bad ever before. If im always like this, I will be a basket case before long, and six feet under.

Anyone else had this.

Kind regards.

:yesyes:

xtremx
15-04-13, 17:20
Hi DemonInside.

Welcome to the Nmp.

I have not had this happen to me but I fear it happening. I so much want to return to work but I do fear the dreaded panic attacks happening.

But you have really done the hard bit by getting to your work place and for that you need a massive pat on the back Well Done.

Yeah your dad was in the wrong but he is only wanting to get the best out off you and it has happened in the wrong way. We all say it is hard for people look at us to understand the effect anxiety can have on us.
So don't be to hard on him.

You did very well mate and I don't see you becoming a basket case or six feet under.

Just maybe you need to pick yourself up again and try to approach work in a different manner.

I will try again sometime to get back to work and you could very well be the person to show me how its done sometime.

hanj16
15-04-13, 17:24
Hey,

I'm sorry you had overwhelming panic and anxiety at your new job and even more sorry about your Dad's reaction. Sadly some people just don't understand what anxiety/panic can do to us. Thankfully your boss was understanding. Your mental health is more important than any job so just focus on getting yourself better. Have you had help from the doctor? I'm sure you're a long way off being a basket case, if not welcome to the club. I fear I've been one for a while haha!

Wishing you all the best
Hannah :hugs:

DemonInside
15-04-13, 17:30
Hi DemonInside.

Welcome to the Nmp.

I have not had this happen to me but I fear it happening. I so much want to return to work but I do fear the dreaded panic attacks happening.

But you have really done the hard bit by getting to your work place and for that you need a massive pat on the back Well Done.

Yeah your dad was in the wrong but he is only wanting to get the best out off you and it has happened in the wrong way. We all say it is hard for people look at us to understand the effect anxiety can have on us.
So don't be to hard on him.

You did very well mate and I don't see you becoming a basket case or six feet under.

Just maybe you need to pick yourself up again and try to approach work in a different manner.

I will try again sometime to get back to work and you could very well be the person to show me how its done sometime.

Thank you very much indeed for your kind words. I will keep going, and see what happens. I also hope you have peace of mind and success in what you do. :D

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Hey,

I'm sorry you had overwhelming panic and anxiety at your new job and even more sorry about your Dad's reaction. Sadly some people just don't understand what anxiety/panic can do to us. Thankfully your boss was understanding. Your mental health is more important than any job so just focus on getting yourself better. Have you had help from the doctor? I'm sure you're a long way off being a basket case, if not welcome to the club. I fear I've been one for a while haha!

Wishing you all the best
Hannah :hugs:

Thank you for those kind words Hannah, its certainly seems other people dont understand the effect it can have on people. I wish you well!:D