PDA

View Full Version : New and suffering from health anxiety

Peanut2004
15-04-13, 17:47
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. A few weeks ago I slurred a word when talking to my partner - this made me think I had been struggling speaking clearly on other occasions and I googled it - which was a really bad move. It came up with motor neuron disease. My speech is fine but since then I can feel buzzing, tingling or twitching in my leg which keeps making me think I have mnd. I keep getting massive panics and it's impacting my work and relationship:weep:

StaffordEd
16-04-13, 14:59
Hi Peanut2004

Welcome to the Forum.

have a look around you will find many people in a similar position to you. You are not alone. I do suggest that you visit your doctor for some reassurance. Any symptoms you may feel you will see many possible conditions on the web. This will almost certainly panic you. 9 times out of 10 you will not have what you have read.

take heart

Regards

Ed

ChristopherT
18-04-13, 13:54
Yeah,. interesting,. I realise looking on this site, almost every thing someone says. I think yeah I thought that before, but got past it. I'd forgotten not long ago, when I was getting really paranoid, and worried. I think my speech was slurring a bit, and I kinda freaked out. But I was okay that time. But had it been another time, I would have googled it and gotten more depressed over it. I think it's more when I am down that i do that. Anyway been on Prozac for 30 days, hopefully things are getting better.