PDA

View Full Version : hello all

little_miss
15-04-13, 19:32
hello everyone
my name is nikki im a 26 year old mum of 3 , its been a bad few years for me i been suffring with anxiety and depression for a 2 ish years now ,the depression has got alot better now but the anxiety is getting bad i find it hard going out on my own and just the going out even if im with someone i will worry, i worry about everything but without reason to , im working up to going to see the doctor again as iv been avoiding it for a year now i know i need to but just cant seem to do it . just thought i would come and talk to people who understand
looking forward to talking to u all

Bekzie
15-04-13, 19:35
Hi Nikki :welcome:
Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time, sharing here really helps!
I'm sure you will find lots of help and support here :hugs:

hanj16
15-04-13, 20:05
Hey Nikki,

A big welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, everyones lovely and its a great little community. I avoid going to my doctor as well, every time I make an appointment I end up cancelling so I know how it feels. Would you be more comfortable if someone went with you?

Wishing you the best
Hannah :hugs:

little_miss
15-04-13, 22:01
thanks for the welcome :) yes i allways take my other half with me when ever i can as it helps with the anxiety , i was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 3 years ago now i think because of all the hospital appointments with that im just trying to avoid anything else happening ,i quess im just scared of being told their is anything wrong/ or got worse ,its like if i dont see a doc then the problems are not there even tho the doctor has allready said they are there , im hoping this makes sence its so hard to discribe how i feel about it ...

Mark13
15-04-13, 23:07
Hi Nikki. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

buckeroo
16-04-13, 00:38
Hi Nikki,this is a good place to get all different forms of advice so a very big welcome. Sounds like you've had a rough time,with diagnosis of cancer,Jees,my heart goes out to you,but you should NEVER be worried of going to the doctors,as their the ones that can make us all feel better.Do you talk to your partner about your anxieties,it really helps if you have full support and understanding from someone close(partner). I know you will get full support from everyone on this site.:D take care :)

CarrieOn
16-04-13, 11:17
Hi Nikki,

I just joined here as well, so I wanted to say hi :)

And good luck!

I'm like you, I hate going to the doctor, or making any kind of medical appointment. I guess that they can't tell me anything worse than what I'm afraid of, but part of me would rather be scared and unsure than find out that something's actually wrong. I used to have my BF make appointments for me, and that would usually be enough to make me go if he reminded me about them ... not saying I never got upset at him for reminding me, though! lol

Anyway, I hope you can get the help that you need. It's important to be able to share with your partner or someone that you are close to if you can, and to get support. I hope this forum will help.

I also wanted to ask how you cope with having kids and anxiety? My BF and I are trying to get pregnant, but I'm also worried about how I will go being a mum if I can't get my head together! lol I'm sure you do a great job though :yesyes:

little_miss
16-04-13, 11:55
i do talk with my partner about my anxiety and he helps alot but sometimes its hard as i feel like he dosent really understand ,we have been together for 10 years now so have been through alot of ups and downs , as for having kids and anxiety some days the help me so much, kids have a way to make u smile even when u feel at ur lowest , it gives me a reason to get up and face the day ahead , but then again its hard when we are out and about and the kids are getting up to no good as kids do, i do struggle alot i try to avoid crowds ect, but i think the kids help so much as it makes me do stuff even if i really dont want to do it , good luck with trying to get pregs its such a blessing :) im sure when u do become a mum u will be a good mum yes we worrie about our kids and sometimes it isnt easy ,but everyone has probs all we can do is try our best

CarrieOn
17-04-13, 00:04
Awww, that's good to hear -- thank you, Nikki. Hope I can be a good mum like you when I get the chance :hugs:
How old are your little ones?

And good luck making the appointment with the Dr! Just remember that it won't just be good for you, it will be good for your family if you are getting some help and treatment :)

k1982
17-04-13, 04:05
Hi Nikki, I'm new here as well!

I hate making doctors appointments as well (and I am a doctor!) - I'm sort of avoiding it at the moment, although I have made an appointment to see a psychologist. My husband usually has to force me to go.

I hope the forum gives you the help you need.

little_miss
17-04-13, 15:40
my oldest girl is 8 and is so helpful such a good girl ,then i have a boy of 5 who is the trouble maker out the 3 and then my little lady who is only 2 she is still classed as my baby tho :D im sure u will be a great mum when ur turn comes u seem so caring and a really nice person :hugs:, not having much luck making that doctor apointment yet but i have set my mind to go and see my doctor on friday so fingers cross :) , just being abel to talk openly on this forum is helping a lot so thank u all