PDA

View Full Version : been to doctor about my heart....more tests needed

**whenwillthisend**
21-09-06, 13:07
Yesterday i had a scary fluttering from my heart-i really thought my heart would stop...so went to docs today-wants me to have another ECG and blood tests....so off im going to the hospital later.....im so worried as he listened to my heart said he thought it sounded normal-but fast and forceful.....he also wants to refer me back to the cardiologist...only went in may for tests- but he said "things change"....he couldnt tell me if these flutterins are the same as ectopics!!

dont get me wrong im grateful hes refering me for more tests...he is a good doctor and understands me and my anxiety and is willing to give me the tests-however im worried now cos of this afternoon and the thoughts of having to go back to the hospital to see the cardiologist in a few weeks or months more likely.........

my palpitations are bad at the minute and my heart seems to be racing constantly..along with the weird and not so wonderful beats
I feel so unreal and like a wreck today......i wish it would go away
thanks everyonex

carly123
21-09-06, 14:24
I'm not suggesting for a minute that you should try either of these, but have you had any alcohol or diazepam lately?
The reason I ask is, if you have, does this slow your heart rate? If it does, I shouldn't worry and you maybe need to calm down..
If not, don't go getting drunk,now, it was just a thought!

Also, I go through periods where my heart is racing more than usual, sometimes they last days. Have had ECGs and that scan I can't remember the name of[Duh!] and they can't find anything wrong.

Take carexx

ceecee
22-09-06, 20:59
hi hope you got on ok at the hospital(it was today you were going wasn,t it?)i,m sure that your doctor is just sending you for these tests to reassure you.i know it,s really hard to beleive but your heart rate and palpitations are due to anxiety.have you read claire weekes book:self help for your nerves?in here she explains these 2 symptoms in detail so that may reassure you too!take care let us know how you get on
rachel x

**whenwillthisend**
25-09-06, 11:38
well i went to the hospital for the ECG...the nurse said it was "lovely and regular" just a bit fast...my heart rate was 91...which actually isnt that much higher than normal for me- when i check my pulse its always in the 80-90 range........she did say thats probably normal for me...so typical i didnt have those ectopics though, my docs going to refer me back to the cardiologist for another check...

ceecee- i have read claire weeks books back to front-they do help, i think i need to calm down too... im always stressed out with the kids

carly-yes alcohol does slow my heart down and makes me feel better(except for the next day-2 glasses of wine and i have a hangover)
ive never took diazepam....
so i guess i will have to try to accept these funny beats or better still ignore them as a cardiologist once told me!xx

Two heads
26-09-06, 20:52
Hi!
Im sure you are fine sweet if you have seen cardio all ready.
I think it may just be you are tired out with the kids and it gets the old anxiety levels riseing there for adrenaline flows and there BANG more ectopics!!
I have two kids and i known how they can be some days.I also suffer with ectopics and currently having tests.Infact today i have just had my rest scan (thalium),and on thursday im having the second half which will be the stress thalium.
I had an echo and a 7day monitor.
I was cleaning yestaday and after my heart took hours to calm down,this of course nearly sent me into one,lol.
It felt like my heart was going to come out of my chest!
Try to tell yourself over and over they are just ectopics.If you keep calm you will get less.
xxxxxxxxx