PDA

View Full Version : Husband left me after 18 years

Nicola joannidis
15-04-13, 19:48
Will I get through this? How can I help my daughter she is 10 and broken hearted

Annie0904
15-04-13, 20:11
You will get through this Nicola, it isn't easy but things will get better for you. Is your husband still having contact with your daughter? The important thing is to make sure that she doesn't feel that she was in anyway to blame and for neither of you to complain about the other around her. I don't know the circumstances so don't know how she has suffered by any of this but if possible stay on 'friendly' terms for the sake of your daughter and make sure she knows that you both still love her. For yourself..try to spend time with friends and close family for support. :hugs::hugs: xx

Nicola joannidis
15-04-13, 20:19
He just decided he didn't love me anymore at the weekend. I asked if we could taking or something but he won't. It's so hard, I just started to feel better from my anxiety and depression and then this happened with no warning

Thankyou for replying to me xx

Annie0904
15-04-13, 20:22
I am really sorry to hear this Nicola, it must be devastating for both you and your daughter. Do you have family around who can give you support through this? xx

Nicola joannidis
15-04-13, 20:56
I do yeah I am staying with my parents and my daughter. My heart hurts so much xx

Annie0904
15-04-13, 21:03
Sending you hugs Nicola :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Bekzie
15-04-13, 21:06
So sorry to hear you are having such a hard time Nicola. You will get through this and you will be fine :hugs:

Tessar
15-04-13, 21:11
I do yeah I am staying with my parents and my daughter. My heart hurts so much xx

I am not surprised your head hurts Nicola, this must be awful for you. I'm glad u r with family. I would like you to know I've read your posts and that I am thinking of you & also your daughter.
What I will say is that you are probably feeling this twice as hard since you are dealing with your own emotions and also wishing to be strong for your daughter and having to cope with her emotions all at the same time.
I can't imagine how this must feel as it must have been such a bombshell. But do remember to look after yourself in all of this as for you to be there for your daughter, you need to be ok too.
It must be terribly difficult, but you have shown strength in getting through depression and finding ways of dealing with anxiety. It takes courage to do that and I admire your resolve.
Whilst it may not feel that way now, The work you will have put in already towards achieving these things and finding a way towards recovery, will make you better equipped to to deal with what lays ahead.
I'm just so sorry that it has come to this for you. But as I say, I'm thinking of you.

cazzy
16-04-13, 08:06
im thinking of you and youre daughter ....sending :hugs:
and thinking of you both , i hope this helps .
Times a healer , but getting over this sad time ,must be so hard for you ...x
you will get through it though xx

Nicola joannidis
17-04-13, 06:51
Thankyou for all your support xxx

Annie0904
17-04-13, 09:28
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Magic
17-04-13, 11:09
Stay strong -Nicola, sending you:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tessar
17-04-13, 12:11
for you & your daughter nicola :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flow ers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

ChristopherT
17-04-13, 13:08
My heart is hurting over a silly relationship break up. I can't remember having this, so bad... but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you must be going through... All the best from here, for you and your daughter. :grouphug:

unhappysoul
18-04-13, 21:03
Nicola, so sorry to hear your news. It struck a bell with me, as the same thing happened to my sister a few years back. My sister had been married for 15 years, her daughter was 14 years old at the time when her husband walked in from work the week before Christmas and told her he was leaving. She was devastated, had no idea that anything was wrong (I think men tend to bottle things up rather than talk about it and then make their decision).

It was like a bereavement for her, and she likened it to when we lost our mother. She went through all the processes, begging for him to come back, depression and anger. At the time I recommended she refer herself to Relate. Many moons ago, before I married my husband (but we had been living together) we suffered a major shake up and my husband walked out on me. I couldn't cope with this and was very lucky to get an appointment with Relate. The counsellor was great, they weren't there to encourage us to get back together but they were there to help me analyse my relationship. For me it was positive and we married a year later and have been married for 16 years, but they did help me to deal with how I would cope if things didn't improve and we didn't get back together. I don't know if they offer services for children either, but it's worth looking into so that you and your daughter have somewhere to offload your emotions.

Big hugs to you and your daughter.
x

crumble
19-04-13, 00:24
Sorry to hear your news nicola. Keep posting on here and we'll help you along the way. I feel for you.
xxxx