PDA

View Full Version : Sadness in summertime?

xgraceex
15-04-13, 20:25
Hey there, this is quite a strange question but I have noticed the last few years, every time summer weather comes around again, or even if it is just nice spring weather, I have a harsh blow of depression. It has hit really hard today and I feel so low, and very frightened, even though I have been fine for a few years (I am now 20). Today was the first "warm, bright" day we have had in almost 6 months and I feel awful. I always assumed it was because it was summer when childhood traumas happened and when most of my bad memories over my teenage years happened, but I am not so sure... I am just wondering if anyone has heard of this and could it be a weird kind of SAD? hoping someone can help! xxxxx

flatterycat
15-04-13, 21:12
Hello
I have noticed also that every time I have a major anxiety bout it is at this time of year. I was wondering if it is because so many things remind me of when I have felt bad with anxiety in the past. Almost like triggers to the anxiety. For instance when I hear the wood pigeon it makes me feel nervous because it reminds me of feeling bad.

Hmmmm! It's an interesting one, but I do think memories play an important role.

S