PDA

View Full Version : Chest and arm pain

Ats666
15-04-13, 22:34
Well it finally happened, I had slight chest pain and palpitations and went into major panic mode at work. I am also getting left upper arm shoulder pain. I work on a hospital ward and feel so embarrassed of the panic attack I had. One of th nurses did an ECG, the dr checked it and said it was normal, I'm still getting the arm pain on and off and I am still worried sick. My husband has allen out with me because of my ha, he has just told me to get a grip because I am not doing any good for him and the kids. Feel so alone.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

I'm so scared right now, lay in bed had palpitations again, what can I do :(

illgetthere
15-04-13, 22:35
I suffer chest and arm psin on a daily basis and it gets pretty scary at times, I no how you feel my partner is totally not supportive in anyway at all he can be pretty mean at times if only they knew what we went threw anytime you want a chat just send me a message kind regards Vicky x

buckeroo
16-04-13, 01:21
hi ats, i reckon you could have pericarditis,i had chest pains and pain in my arm a few months ago, i was rushed to hospital as i thought i was having a heart attack,i wass hooked onto an ecg,my heart beat was 35 beats per minute, i then had a chest xray and blood tests, they gave me 1 ibobrufen and 1 paracetamol, and the pain went.it was a massive relilef to me. maybe try taking the same as i took and see if the pain goes,pericarditis is the sac round your heart and it was tightening round my heart. give the medication a try and see if it works, fingers crossed for you.you husband should be more supportive,not supporting wont help your ha.x

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

bythe way i had to take ibobrufen for 2 weeks and the pain totally went x

Ats666
16-04-13, 08:08
I ended up driving myself to a&e couldn't calm myself down. They did another ECG which was fine and told me it was anxiety. There wasn't so mc chest pain, it was the palpitations that were scaring me. I will try and get in at the gp this morning to see if he can do anything about them. Thanks for you're replies x

Smatthew
16-04-13, 09:10
I've had this same issue daily for the past 8 or so months. It's horrible isn't it. I still constantly worry it's something bad, mainly at night but you just have to tell yourself that it's anxiousness. You will fret over every little symptom and worry it's a sign of something awful but if the Doctors tell you you're fine - you're fine!

Dan21
16-04-13, 09:17
Me too with this. Currently experiencing exactly the same symptoms - aching left pec and shoulder with mild ache going down left arm. I too get tingles in my hand from time to time. Just can't convince myself this could be from anxiety...it feels too serious :(