PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had labrinthitus?

lozzie02
15-04-13, 22:29
Hi,

I am very new to this only recently discovered health anxiety and that i have it when i hit rock bottom 3weeks ago after loosing a stone in 8weeks due to worry, i have been convinced I have cancer for a couple of months now (still am a bit). And so scared of meningitis in myself and children that I have the symptoms on my fridge!
So the latest problem,
I recently got a cold nothing big just a basic cold but had a very bad chest with it, since then I got horrific head and ear pressure like they were going to explode, I honestly thought I had blood coming from my ears! I thought I was going to die there and then or had a brain tumour. Doctor did some basic checks and said I had a sinus infection, took everything I could as it was mainly just my ears and dizzyness (like vertigo), went back again and the doctor thinks I may now have labrinthitus and gave me some anti dizzy tablets. This was well over a week ago and I am still suffering from mild ear pain/pressure, sore scalp, tight chest at times and the dizzyness. One min I think I am ok the next I get struck down again. The headaches are horrendous!
How long will this last? Is this actually labrinthitus or sinus related or could it be something more serious?
Please help someone!

HoneyLove
15-04-13, 23:05
Hi lozzie, I've had labyrinthitis, it's really not nice at all so I feel for you! My doc thinks I had viral labyrinthitis but I have read that it can be triggered by ear or sinus infections too. Are you still getting sinus symptoms?

It lasts different lengths of time for different people, so there is no real way for you to know. I know it's very hard when you feel so bad, but the best thing you can do is focus on getting through this and allowing yourself time to heal.

I hope that you feel better soon x

Mr m anxious
15-04-13, 23:17
Hi, I've had labrynthitus and yes it's not nice and it usually follows a virus. You probably have both symtons you have mentioned. Mine lasted about two weeks, felt dizzy and was sick a few times, apparently it can last anything from a few days too a few months but it is very harmless just makes you feel rotten. Don't worry though you'll be fine.

Charlie warlie
03-05-13, 01:30
Hi ,

Just wondered weather you were still suffering with labrinthitus as I am also x

meche
03-05-13, 10:04
I really feel for you - it's not nice. I had a few months of it last year and it freaked me out. Before I knew what it was I was convinced I was having a stroke or had some kind of tumour. It lasted for weeks then disappeared as quickly as it came. Unfortunately it's coming back for another round :mad:! For the past week I've developed pressure in and around my right ear, jaw and on the right side of my head. The dizziness and off balance feeling started yesterday. I'm also quite sinusy and have really bad brain fog! It doesn't frighten me as much as it did but it's a horrible, horrible feeling and every now and then I think 'what if'....! Hang in there! xx