PDA

View Full Version : newly diagnosed

mumof6
16-04-13, 02:12
Hi all. I'm new to both this site and the world of panic disorder.
I am a happily married mother of 6 from Australia. Having just been diagnosed, i am feeling quite freaked out by the whole thing. I've been feeling sick for weeks now with heaps of panic attacks in amongst that. The thing that has been breaking me out is the chest pain and the fatigue that has come with this. I have always been the strong one amongst our family. The one who carries everyone else so this was a bit of a shock.
I have never known anyone else who has suffered from this and would love to hear from anyone else who understands.

buckeroo
16-04-13, 02:20
hello mumof 6, wow 6 lol, so many people on here suffering with panic disorder, im sorry i dont know what to say, obviously you have to find a way how to control the panic attacks,(very hard) best thing is to go and talk to your doctor, maybe he will prescribe you some beta blockers and maybe something for the panic disorder, hope this helps in any way possible, but a big welcome from me in england :hugs:

StaffordEd
16-04-13, 05:36
Hi Mumof6

Sorry to hear you are suffering. Anxiety/Panic attacks is a condition that many feel that they are alone in the world with and no one would understand how you feel. I joined this site a couple of days ago and wow how many people there are with this condition. reading the sad views of so many is a real eye opener. I am 58 and although not formally diagnosed yet still waiting ecg and blood results to confirm no other problems I had my first attack just before Christmas and what a sensation that was.

Like you I was the strong one in the family and had no time for sickness. too much to do. In your case that might be the problem as you have had no time to consider your own feelings, needs or emotions always looking after others. Most the time you have had to be super human when in actual fact you are only human and eventually the strain has broken through.

I have read lots of sad comments on this site but also some very encouraging one's I hope you have the time to read some and get reassurance like I have.

I wish you well.

Ed (U.K.)

mumof6
16-04-13, 07:59
Thanks so much Buckeroo and StaffordEd for the welcome. I hope to learn and gain comfort from reading all your stories and hope to find a way to manage this bloody thing before it takes over my life. I just don't have the time or the luxury of falling over when i am sick.
Thanks again

anit panic
18-04-13, 11:27
Hi mumof6 . Greetings from the UK. Welcome to the forum . I'm also a newly diagnosed . I hope you find this forum a grate help as its bin really helpful to me.

Mark13
18-04-13, 16:53
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.