PDA

View Full Version : Early morning rise

StaffordEd
16-04-13, 05:45
Hi to all out there.

What a great night sleep I had, first for ages. I know its early but any thing more than two or three hours is a bonus. Before going to bed same pattern tightness across chest, dull headache and shallow breathing. I made a cup of Camomile Tea rather than having my usual barcardi and coke. I read some of the comments on this site. I went to bed and actually felt at peace with the world. Next thing I noticed it was 4am So I got up feeling quite fresh and here I am at work noting my experience and drinking some more camomile.

I know it may just be a one off but hey its a start.

Cheers.

Ed

hanj16
16-04-13, 10:37
Morning Ed,

I'm glad to hear that the camomile tea worked for you! I find it helps me calm down before bed as thats a time when I start to get quite anxious. Hope it keeps on working!

All the best
Hannah

StaffordEd
16-04-13, 11:03
Thanks Hannah

What I really need is to take control of my mind instead of letting it control me. I used to be very good at focusing my attention but for some reason I have allowed my mind over time to wander. With so many problems in the world reported daily by the media it is easy to reflect.

I always had the motto " Don't worry about the things you have no control over and if you have the ability to change something do it and there is no need to worry"

Oh for them days again.

Best wishes

Ed

CarrieOn
16-04-13, 11:10
Hey Ed,

Any start is a good start! I think ditching the bacardi for tea is a good choice. I used to try to calm down with a glass of wine before bed, and that only ever got me more wound up for some reason! Just made my mind start to wander in a bad way I guess? lol

Tea helps a lot ... and I like what you said about noting your experience. I'm trying to do that, too. It's hard work staying in the moment sometimes.

Anyway, here's to keeping up the calmness xx

StaffordEd
16-04-13, 11:43
Hi CarrieOn

Good to hear from you. I still have a glass of wine or two with a meal but I ditched the Barcardi and Coke at night as both are stimulants that speed the heart and mind. The camomile has the opposite effect. I used to have quite a fast resting heart rate which is bad for blood pressure which I now have, now my resting beat is more acceptable.

When they say it is all in the mind it is and it is'nt. Its the lack of control over the mind that sets off these anxieties. We look for things that are not there and when we can not see what is not there we worry even more. Is that making sense.

Not all of us are capable of reasserting control over our minds therefore we have to seek help, and not just in the form of popping pills.

Remember many of those who do not experience these feelings do not understand and are the wrong people to talk to. This site and probably others are full of real people experiencing real problems and they understand you.

Don't keep putting off seeking help.

Best wishes

Ed