PDA

View Full Version : new here

anit panic
16-04-13, 14:14
hello all.
I'm new here and just join this forum as I have bin diagnose with panic disorder. I hope I can find some help here as these panic attacks as turn my life upside down.

StaffordEd
16-04-13, 14:29
Hi there

Welcome

Your understanding of what is happening starts right here and now. Take a look around and see how many people are going through what you are. Take comfort in the fact that we are all ( well most of us ) normal every day people from all walks of life.

None of us are going mad or going to die as a result of these attacks we only think we are at the time because we feel alone and do not understand what is happening.

There is no stigma attached in seeking help. But we all do need some form of help. Basically we have not lost our mind but lost control of it. It is on a random voyage to cause as much distress to you as possible. Medication may block the feelings but therapy in helping regain control of your mind and thoughts has to be the best way forward. Ask your doctor about Cognitive behavioural therapy. It helps you understand why you have these thoughts and how to deal with them.

Best wishes

Ed

anit panic
16-04-13, 14:37
thank you ed for you advice :)

StaffordEd
16-04-13, 14:42
No problem

We are all in it together.

Ed

Mark13
18-04-13, 16:52
Hi anit panic. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

buckeroo
18-04-13, 17:20
welcome from one and all :D