PDA

View Full Version : failed a pre-employment drug test due to prescription

swgrl09
16-04-13, 16:06
I have a prescription for 2 mg diazepam as needed to sleep. I last took it over the weekend. Today I had a pre-employment drug test and failed ... I brought the bottle to show them the prescription, but they said they still had to send it out to a lab and could not continue with my health screening until it was all settled. I guess the lab will call me with the results and need information about my Rx.

I know there should be no problems obviously because I have a legal prescription from my PCP. For some reason I am still worried about it. I really want this job and I don't want anything to get in the way. It is on the inpatient psych unit at a hospital though and I am worried that even having a prescription for diazepam will keep me from the job.

ANybody experience this?

swgrl09
17-04-13, 14:38
bump

bibliophilic
17-04-13, 19:25
So sorry you're going through this! It's a frustrating and stressful situation. I went through this a few years ago. I have a prescription for low level Klonopin which showed up on a pre-employment drug test. I forget what all happened but it did turn out alright. My job was for a moderately high-level security job at a firm that did background checks and investigations, so I was really worried that they'd just not hire me.

Sidenote: I have a friend who works in a prominent psych ward in my state and she has taken several benzos over the years, including when she first started her job. She also failed the drug test but after she could prove that she had a legal rx, there were no problems. Good luck and try not to worry!

swgrl09
18-04-13, 19:40
Well the hospital called and said it came back negative and I am good to start work. I wonder why it was initially not ..??? I'm confused but happy that it is settled.