PDA

View Full Version : The things I have worried about

unsure_about_this
16-04-13, 16:09
Sorru for the long entry.

I am 29 by the way. I don't smoke etc. I know we all have to die one day. I worked in a funeral directors on placement 10/11 years ago, even though it was just for my NVQ IT qualifcation, I saw one body by accident just lying in the coffin) I did not have to deal with any of the family members who lost loved ones.

pain, symptoms etc. Most of has been bought on by reading about things online, plus websites, googling, yahoo etc. and been to the doctors many many times and had tests done, exams done (nothing found worrying) plus things been featured in the news which adds to the anxiety.

The adverts of Macmillan (with the stats how many people get told their have cancer each day, my mum had to cover my eyes when it first came on) plus the cancer research advert even though these are important. The advert about bowel cancer spot the signs of possible signs is important, plus the other cancer adverts which does it rounds.

I don't seem to remember many adverts in the early 90s being shown on television about cancer (but correct me if I am wrong)

Since 2012 I have worried about having bone cancer, bowel cancer, crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis, diverticular, testicular cancer, blood cancer, stomach cancer, strokes, eye cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer, heart attack, brain cancer, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, heart cancer, penile cancer, high blood pressure, gum disease and beyond gum disease, mouth cancer, ear cancer, nose cancer, breast cancer, bladder cancer, rectal cancer and plus millions of other conditions and cancer types of the body.

The one thing nobody can give me an answer for is about my NF as each case is different, the only thing I can do as far as I know is have scans if needed, go the doctors for any lumps I get and these can be removed if needed.

I also worry about the cancers and conditions only females can get because I don't want to lose any female members who I know.

Frankie123
16-04-13, 16:27
Hello, I know exactly what you mean because it is exactly how I feel. You cannot watch the TV, pick a paper up or go anywhere without seeing the adverts you talk about. Add into this all the programmes about A&E and emergencies and the whole thing ruins your life.

I now record a lot of the quiz programmes on during the day and watch these in the evenings (cutting out the adverts) so that I don't have to listen to all this. I no longer watch the news. This is how I try to deal with it.

Don't really have any other advice to give you but just to let you know that you are not alone in the way that you feel.

Nico
16-04-13, 18:28
This sets me off too, millions of news articles about terrible illnesses and how the doctors failed to diagnose them until it was too late. Also I look at the symptoms these people have and I have about half of them.

unsure_about_this
17-04-13, 08:35
Many thanks for your replies. I also concerned about blood cancer/leukemia now. Even though I should not being reading stories about it on Daily Mail website. I fear misdiagnosis and should trust doctors.

I also worry about my eye sight, a lot of the time. I am fed up worrying about health conditions especially the big c word