PDA

View Full Version : Starting Mirtazapine soon

mike998
16-04-13, 18:36
Starting Mirtazapine soon for my depression and obsessive thoughts, hope it works coz I'm starting to think I'm causing alot of it

nomorepanic
16-04-13, 18:46
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Snoodlester
16-04-13, 19:07
Hi Mike
I started on Mirtazapine in February when things got really bad. It took a while to work, and I don't think I'm there yet, but it does get better. Our thinking is the main problem, but it's difficult to shake those obsessive thoughts.
Hope it works out for you.
Sue x

mike998
16-04-13, 19:29
Yer I've made myself worse as I looked alot up on skizo and tried my best to act out everything from aliens to thinking people can see my thoughts all stupid I know. Now I just question everything I do see or hear

But I just hope the 15mg works soonish

mike998
21-04-13, 17:34
I've taken 2 tablets and it does not help with any thoughts as yet. Is it still 2-4 weeks on this med to

Bonnibelle
22-04-13, 10:53
I am still to start mine, had them 2 weeks. How did you feel the first night?

mike998
22-04-13, 14:19
No different a touch sleepy and just a tad groggy next day soon went away

Mark13
22-04-13, 16:32
I would expect the mirtazapine to have an effect over a period of a few weeks.

They didn't help me with obsessive thoughts, but I've only been on 15mg. I believe higher dosages are good for depression, 15mg is generally just for insomnia - and if your anxiety is triggered by sleep deprivation as mine is, it can be a godsend.

I hope the drug works for you.

Bonnibelle
22-04-13, 20:56
So I guess I shouldn't be scared to start them then mike:(

Good on you for starting them x

Snoodlester
22-04-13, 20:58
I'm not sure these are helping me either. My obsessive thoughts are still there - and my doctor's upped my dose to 45mg. I still can't get to sleep without the help of sleeping tablets, but I don't know what else to do :(

mike998
22-04-13, 21:50
Sleep os a touch better, and the depression is lifting slightly but im still down. However the obesessive thoughts are slightly worse, migh be q blip i hope. Heres a link to my story http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132782

mike998
25-04-13, 21:44
It's still helping with depression, but not with thoughts

hanshan
26-04-13, 12:11
I'd have to say that, for me, mirtazapine is:

- Good for anxiety-related sleep problems
- Moderate only effect on general anxiety
- Little or no effect on obsessive-compulsive symptoms

mike998
29-04-13, 11:06
Well apart from a little more eating, the vivid dreams have now started I hope this will pass. This is my 10th day on these pills and they are working, I was just abit worried as I was kind of in and out and thought I might be hallucinating :(, I was dreaming aliens were after toys and I was saving them, we were on a bus and a figure slammed against a bus window, but it was a toy. and it ended on me making out with a toy wtf. Dream, hallucinating or mind racing I don't know

It's a shame it's working on depression but not the thoughts

hanshan
29-04-13, 11:15
Hi Mike,

Good to hear that the depression is lifting.

Hope to hear that the hallucinatory ideas also go.

mike998
29-04-13, 11:33
Do you think it's just vivid dreaming then

hanshan
30-04-13, 10:45
Mirtazapine can cause vivid dreams as a side effect, but they usually calm down after a couple of weeks.

I'm no expert, but I think they are different from obsessive thoughts. But anyone, please comment.

Bonnibelle
30-04-13, 13:30
Hallucinating is what worries me about starting these tablets, but if you were asleep I'd say it was a vivid dream, if you're awake and you are seeing things then that is hallucinating.

Great to hear they are helping you.