PDA

View Full Version : Could this be triggering it?

mikeyprice1
21-09-06, 17:06
I posted the last topic named 'help'.
Today i feel dreadful-Friends are telling me that its come back because my wife is expecting our first child in 6 weeks and although im v excited, sub-conciously i've built up a lot of anxiety and am v scared-has anyone else seen their ocd go fully blown when expecting a child?
Also,because i was so convinced i have scizophrenia(even though the doctor says i dont)i looked up the symptoms.and now,i keep worrying i've got the symptomsFor eg: Because i know they are paranoidand sometimes think people are after them-i keep thinking-oh-what if im being chased etc-even though i know its utter nonsense,but the thought goes over in my head again and again. Ive had ocd for 20 years and gone through several bad patches but up to 6 weeks ago for 2 years i felt completely unthreatened by it - but now it seems worse than ever and this is the first time where i have been so very very low and completely depressed. My doc has referred me for cbt and wanted to put me on seretoxin - but theres no way i could after the horror stories ive read on here with people coming off it. I just wanna know that there are people like me out there and that i will come better again. I've booked myself in for reiki,acupuncture and cbt-i feel so desperate.

mprice

vernon
21-09-06, 17:18
Like all Anxiety disorders we do get very paranoid and think we are being watched and got this and that illness. I watched the programme on BBC2 the other night about Manic Depression, then wished I hadn’t as I then imagined I have it. Your wife having a baby in 6 weeks time will have put a big strain on your nerves. I have 5 children and my anxiety always went right up each time. But after the baby is born you will be so excited and get much better as all the pressure will be off then, Also with baby waking you all hours and keeping you busy you won’t have time to get anxious, hope it all goes well. Vernon

yorkylover
21-09-06, 17:24
Hi Mikey,looking up symptoms is not such a good idea.My panic attacks started through me looking up symptoms in medical books.This was over 10 years ago.If your not happy about taking seretoxin,tell your gp.He can put you on something else.I did this with my gp.
You are not alone,everyone here has similar problems here.You will get some good advice here to.
Take care:)

Ellen XX