PDA

View Full Version : Sudafed

scorpionwhispers
17-04-13, 19:44
I have sinusitis again...I am thinking about taking Sudafed but have been put off by the potential side effect listed of hallucinations. Has anyone had any side effects after taking Sudafed? I can't find it listed anywhere how common the side affects are...e.g 1 in 5000

Any responses appreciated x

illgetthere
17-04-13, 19:51
Hiya I baught some sudafed for my partner he had side affects he had racing heart on and off all day x

Annie0904
17-04-13, 20:13
I wouldn't worry too much about the side effects as they are rare. I have taken it in the past and had no problems. Do be careful though if you are taking antidepressants as it interacts with some and I know I can't take it now with mine. What other meds do you take?

scorpionwhispers
17-04-13, 20:59
Just Citalopram - ssri, I think it's just maios that are contra-indicated

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Anyone else have any feedback?

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

Anyone else have any feedback?

lozzie02
17-04-13, 21:16
I take sudafed, like you am really suffering with either sinusitis or labrinthitus doctor still not sure. I have had no side effects so far. I fact I just took some lol! I took them alongside cold and flu tablets a few weeks ago and was still ok no side effects.

Ingenious
17-04-13, 22:05
I've taken it before and not had any side effects.

scorpionwhispers
17-04-13, 22:41
Well so far the responses are quite positive. Hoping they stay that way and I might brave one tomorrow. Head is pounding and have earache but in my mind the pain is better than risking some side effects listed.