PDA

View Full Version : Up and Down

jelly2010
17-04-13, 20:05
Hi all,

I've been taking fluoxetine for about 4/5 weeks, at first at 20mg and 13 days on 40mg.
Last week was horrendous - the anxiety pushed me to the limit and gave me suicidal thoughts. On Monday evening I felt a bit calmer, yesterday I had an awful day.
Today has been good up until a couple of hours ago when the anxiety came flooding back and I've got tingling down my left arm. I guess it's hit me bad since I've had a good day and thought perhaps I was turning a corner.

I'm just wondering if others experienced this up and down see-saw?!
Thanks,
Jx

OncewasSupergirl
17-04-13, 20:10
Yes Jelly,

The up n down see-saw sounds familiar took a good few weeks for me to have a day that was sort of level all day. As you increased from 20 to 40mg too you would still be experiencing side effects most notably the heightening of anxiety. Take your benzo if you have them to help you get through the day, this tough time shouldn't last long x x

jelly2010
17-04-13, 20:19
Thanks supergirl. I've run out of benzos and dr reluctant to prescribe more :-(
Just really want this to be over.
Thanks for your post
J x

OncewasSupergirl
17-04-13, 20:28
It really annoys me when drs don't want to prescribe more benzo's I know some people abuse them but I'm sure the majority don't. Hang in there girl, n use any coping mechanisms you have x x

jelly2010
17-04-13, 20:32
Thanks. I like to think I'm sensible enough not to go OTT on them! Perhaps I'll see how I am in the next couple of days and if I'm still struggling ask the dr the prescribe some more.
I really appreciate your response. It's good to know I'm not alone.
J x

OncewasSupergirl
17-04-13, 20:37
Yeah that sounds like a sensible idea, don't suffer unnecessarily Drs have no idea in my experience what its like the first few weeks on fluox!
I'm 15 weeks tomorrow and I still have little odd moments in the day, but mostly I'm anxiey free n stable in mood. It will get better :) you're than welcome for the response the people on here really kept me going at the start when it was really tough n it does help to know you're not alone x x

jelly2010
17-04-13, 20:59
So glad to hear you are doing well on the meds!
if only someone could invent a magic wand... ;-)
Jx

OncewasSupergirl
17-04-13, 23:13
If only! :) x