PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam "hangover"??

Lousicle
17-04-13, 22:39
Hi, so last night was a really bad one for me and I took 10mg of Diazepam (I usually take 2mg but not very often just incase) I know how stupid it is for me to take such a high dose without being at all tolerant but I was desperate.
Anyway it worked SO good, I was relaxed, panic free and fell asleep calmly and easily.
Woke up this morning and oh my goodness.. I've felt depressed all day (and not just a bit sad, I mean fully depressed) I've been crying for no reason, lying in bed, had a headache later on, sleeping on and off, now I've got palpitations, feel sick and panicky and have an upset stomach :weep:

Is this normal??? And how on earth can I get rid of it!? It's been nearly 24 hours since I took it..

I was thinking maybe take 5mg or 2mg just to take the edge off as I know they do not make me feel this way due to the low dosage..

Or will that make the situation worse??

Please can someone help, I'm desperate I feel so strange, it is actually like I've took a drug and coming down from it now :|

Thanks in advance everyone.

nicola1980
17-04-13, 23:59
Hi I've took dosages as high as 10mg before when my anxiety was bad and i was ok, i doubt its the diazepam that's caused it, i have days now like you've described and take just 2mg maybe 3 times a day to take the edge off as my gp told me too, infact he told me that is a really low dose and he has patients on 30 to 40mg a day!! X x